Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Minelab, What The Heck Did You Do To My Equinox?????

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

I also hope one day the Nox 800 goes into a Nox 900 body, I'd buy that to get a better quality Nox 800, I'm not all that interested in a 900, the Manticore can take that role and better it, I'd like a tougher 800 though as I intend to stick with that detector for a long time.

I agree.

I figured Minelab would increase the target ID range. I did not figure that they would more than double it on the 700/900 and so far at least for me, that is not working out very well married up with Multi IQ.

Thanks Jeff, that's great news and good to see Minelab are on the ball, I'm sure we all very much appreciate them doing that phone call to you and they called the right person to describe the situation well.  I hope this means a firmware update is on it's way for both the Manticore and Nox 700/900.   Perhaps in their testing ground they didn't see these problems and they do have to rely on testers that they have selected in other ground conditions and perhaps they didn't have the issue either, who knows, seems odd but that's metal detectors for you ?

This really is fantastic news. Good work Minelab!  A little DD for the 6000 is a very desirable coil, so good move there Jeff giving them a poke about that.   Thanks for thanking them for the EMI fix, I for one am VERY happy they did that repair, such a difference it has made.

3 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

For those of you who may not think or believe that Minelab cares about their customers or that they pay attention to these forums, I had a very nice, lengthy phone call from one of the Equinox 700/900 design engineers tonight (4/28) in order to talk about the experiences I was having with the Equinox 900 that I own.  

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this topic and who kept it real, no nonsense and as factual as possible. Minelab does care about the experiences we are having especially with new models and also when they are reported in a level headed way.

For you GPX 6000 owners, I did give the gentleman that called me a huge thanks for the speaker/audio/EMI mod and I gave him and Minelab a special request for a small DD coil for the GPX 6000. Maybe it will happen.

later,

Jeff

Good news Jeff.

18 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

For those of you who may not think or believe that Minelab cares about their customers or that they pay attention to these forums, I had a very nice, lengthy phone call from one of the Equinox 700/900 design engineers tonight (4/28) in order to talk about the experiences I was having with the Equinox 900 that I own.  

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this topic and who kept it real, no nonsense and as factual as possible. Minelab does care about the experiences we are having especially with new models and also when they are reported in a level headed way.

For you GPX 6000 owners, I did give the gentleman that called me a huge thanks for the speaker/audio/EMI mod and I gave him and Minelab a special request for a small DD coil for the GPX 6000. Maybe it will happen.

later,

Jeff

Nice to see them talking to someone respectful and respected.  Instead of the youtube influencer types.

Wish you would have told them the Manticore guys are really hurting for the M8 coil though ?.

- Dave

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, UT Dave said:

Nice to see them talking to someone respectful and respected.  Instead of the youtube influencer types.

Wish you would have told them the Manticore guys are really hurting for the M8 coil though ?.

- Dave

Didn't think of that one Dave. At least that coil has been promised and presumably is in production. Hope you get it soon.

Just to be clear, Minelab contacted me via email using my information provided with my warranty registration. I did not contact them or request any help other than the sentence that I put near the end of my original post about being open to hearing from them.

• Like 3

I guess nobody can now say Minelab don't care about their customers as they've proven otherwise in this case, along with the GPX 6000 EMI issue..   They did the EMI fix for the GPX and it now works a treat, they're now looking into the ID issues with the new detectors.   I'm really happy about this just as I was about the GPX 6000 EMI Fix.   Thanks Minelab. 

I agree too, it's good they made the call to a detector user that's very knowledgeable and level headed and not just some Facebook or Youtube personality, Jeff's criticism was not click bait like Youtube videos often are, it was a genuine opinion of a possible problem that may need some attention with the new 900 and possibly also the Manticore.

I had a play with my Manticore today, there is nothing I can do settings wise other than beach mode to give it anywhere near the ID stability of the Nox.  I can improve it over default settings but I can't get it to the level of the Nox, even taking into account the extra ID's of the Manticore on deeper coins that the Nox can remain quite solid on.  Beach mode is the only way I can get it what I'd call good on ID's on deeper coins.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Didn't think of that one Dave. At least that coil has been promised and presumably is in production. Hope you get it soon.

Just to be clear, Minelab contacted me via email using my information provided with my warranty registration. I did not contact them or request any help other than the sentence that I put near the end of my original post about being open to hearing from them.

Hi Jeff I expect you have been asked not to divulge any info regarding your chat ! itching to know if the engineer thought there was an issue ? or just your machine ? I presume its a watch this space scenario ?

• Like 1