Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

A New California Gold Rush

• The topic was unlocked

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Suction dredging?

It's still legal Steve - just as soon as permits are available you can start dredging. :blink:

It was never outlawed just put away in a bureaucratic jungle. Any more than that is straying into forbidden territory on this forum.

Thanks for providing a place where we are free from politics and religion. It's always about the hunt here. I'm good with that. :biggrin:

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Clay Diggins said:

It's still legal Steve - just as soon as permits are available you can start dredging. :blink:

It was never outlawed just put away in a bureaucratic jungle. Any more than that is straying into forbidden territory on this forum.

Thanks for providing a place where we are free from politics and religion. It's always about the hunt here. I'm good with that. :biggrin:

Our lessee just had 2 approved permits on our claims in northern Cal including state approved water license. No digging or washplant within 300 ft of creek & you are good to go. 

Since on the subject of gold panning in California,  its my understanding that gold panning in California state parks is legal so long as only "hands and pans" only.  To imply no hand tools of any kind allowed in the process.  Can anyone confirm if this is so?  

Just a simple question,  nothing political here.

On 5/3/2023 at 4:22 AM, TampaBayBrad said:

This guy doesn't have a problem panning for gold in California recently....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcAJ21YttwQ

Is it illegal to pan out there?

6 hours ago, Hard Prospector said:

Since on the subject of gold panning in California,  its my understanding that gold panning in California state parks is legal so long as only "hands and pans" only.  To imply no hand tools of any kind allowed in the process.  Can anyone confirm if this is so?  

Just a simple question,  nothing political here.

I guess that means the guy in the video was illegal because he was using a shovel if it is in fact "hands and pans only".

5 hours ago, TampaBayBrad said:

I guess that means the guy in the video was illegal because he was using a shovel if it is in fact "hands and pans only".

He was in a state park??