Anybody Seeing Depth Issues With The Manticore Update?

12 hours ago, AFinley said:

I was planning on just going back to the original software, but I see now that that is not an option?  

You can easily revert back, there is a little dots thing that doesn't stand out in the firmware update tool you can click and revert back, if you read the entire thread you'll see all about it and how to do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, phrunt said:

You can easily revert back, there is a little dots thing that doesn't stand in the firmware update tool you can click and revert back, if you read the entire thread you'll see all about it and how to do it.

Yep, thanks.  Shortly after I posted I saw that, so I’m now back to the original version.

19 hours ago, AFinley said:

I was planning on just going back to the original software, but I see now that that is not an option?

You need to dig deeper into this forum's posts.  At first people thought you couldn't go back but there are three dots ( ... ) in the lower right hand corner of the update window which allow you to do so.

Addendum:  I didn't read far enough in this thread, either.  :laugh:  I now see that Simon (phrunt) already pointed this out.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

mornin'

so...whats the consensus? Revert, or a noticed specific issue with the new update?

This is the busiest time of year so I'm trying to read the pages/forum, but work continues to whine till I focus on it... haven't been swingin since.... almost 3 weeks ago ffs...

thanks in advance

2 hours ago, Medina said:

mornin'

so...whats the consensus? Revert, or a noticed specific issue with the new update?

This is the busiest time of year so I'm trying to read the pages/forum, but work continues to whine till I focus on it... haven't been swingin since.... almost 3 weeks ago ffs...

thanks in advance

Kinda depends on the areas you're hunting. 

It seems if you're in moderate to higher mineralized soil the old software might work better.  Look through the thread for the videos by Abenson showing the differences between the two.

I'm keeping the update cause I don't have heavily mineralized soil. Plus I like the new stabilizer feature for the heavy iron sites I hunt.  Even without using the stabilizer it seems quieter and has less falsing.

• Like 3

thanks, I'll revisit the vids.

Like I said...been 3...4.. weeks since I was sweeping.. LOST a 1900 house site due to construction, house gone, another foot of topsoil on top of the front yard area... looking forward to wringing this one out when the year slows down-

I was excited to try the update but unfortunately the update rendered my Manticore seemingly useless for anything deeper than 2" at one of my sites in WI. I was forced to reduce sensitivity. Constant 98 falsing/signals everywhere. I would have been happy if it was simply a matter of turning the stabilizer function off. But there is definitely something different happening even when it is turned off. Thank goodness the software tool let me revert back to the old software! I'm hoping they fix this in the future or I will never be able to utilize new software features using this state of the art $1600 machine. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one having trouble with the update. I haven't heard any official recognition of the issue and hope we don't go unheard.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

Minelab rarely ever apologise for their mistakes, I'm still waiting for the apology that they released the Pro-Find 35. 🙂

• Haha 4