It’s Been A Slow 2023

Silver coins have been scarce this year.  However, I hit one of my park sites in an area that I had only quickly skimmed over in the past with the nox.  Yesterday I hit that same area with the D2 in sensitive ft, sense at 94, reactivity 2.5-3, silencer 1, no notch BC at 0, 40khz max freq, disc at 6.8. 
yesterday I was mainly digging high tones but also a few solid mid tones for nickels or rings.  I got a nice 96-97 and about 2-3” deep under a bunch of pines where the soil was pretty dry, I got the ‘53D gw.  Then about 10 minutes later I got a 91 mixed in with some iron grunts.  Out pops a ‘64 rosie!   That brings me to 7 fty.  This site will be my future hot spot as there’s more area to cover and I still have a lot of lower conductors to dig. 

F3A52FB5-2279-4380-9784-58366573A5FE.jpeg

B3968A9F-672A-42A1-8972-17403E276738.jpeg

7FE0B12F-80B2-447E-A49F-32A8512A2FF2.jpeg

Nice hunt.

Excellent NC! Great to see some silver coming up. 👍 Good on ya for keeping the faith. 🙂

Nice hunt again for you as you keep finding the nice stuff.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

Something I’ve noticed about the new 1.1 software update is clad quarters are ringing up around 93-94 whereas they used to ring up around 96.  On the previous software versions silver quarters were also ringing up around 96.   On this last hunt however that silver quarter was coming in at 96-97.  That’s the first silver quarter I’ve found using version 1.1.  Has anyone else noticed the new 1.1 version making a distinction between clad and silver?

A two silver day would keep me coming back for more!

On 7/4/2023 at 6:08 AM, NCtoad said:

Something I’ve noticed about the new 1.1 software update is clad quarters are ringing up around 93-94 whereas they used to ring up around 96.  On the previous software versions silver quarters were also ringing up around 96.   On this last hunt however that silver quarter was coming in at 96-97.  That’s the first silver quarter I’ve found using version 1.1.  Has anyone else noticed the new 1.1 version making a distinction between clad and silver?

I have noticed that on silver vs clad Roosevelt dimes and copper pennies ID 88-90 and are nicely separated from zinc pennies which ID from about 82-86 depending on the state of decomposition in my soil.