Greetings From Somewhere In The Northern Hemisphere

Kevin Smoot

Just wanted to say Hello to all the Detectorists out there. My name is Kevin & I am located in NW Illinois. I am a member of the  Illinois & Iowa Treasure Hunting Club and have been detecting for about 7 years. I am a Minelab user... I have an Etrac, CTX 3030 & a Equinox 800. I am mainly a coin shooter with interests in relics. I am not big on parks unless they are no longer in use but still survive in a corn or bean field.   I am always on the look out for forgotten picnic groves. 

My oldest Silver coin is a Capped Bust half dime (1829) and My oldest coin is an 1828 US Half Cent.

Happy Hunting

Kevin

Welcome from East Texas.

Welcome to the forum and glad that you are here. Your in a nice part of the state with a lot of good locations to hunt. May I suggest detecting some of the sand bars/islands  on the Mississippi river just west of Galena.

My grandfather took his boat up that way several times to do a little fishing and when they weren't biting he would pull up to a place and metal detect. He came away with some very good finds from those islands,sand bars.

Good luck and good hunting and always stay safe out there.

Welcome to the forum from just north of Londinium.

Welcome, Kevin!  Have you ever detected the lead mines in your area?  I don't even know if galena will trigger a metal detector, but maybe if pure enough....

My maternal grandparents are from across the river in Iowa.  I visited the area a few years ago -- a lot of 19th Century history there.  Hope you have success searching those old sites.