12x7" Nugget Finder Xceed First Use Impression

phrunt

1 minute ago, ☠ Cipher said:

I’m very glad and relieved to see you say that. After the learning curve it quickly leaped to #1 for me too. I just had to learn how far I could push it or not push it as the case may be. I think I now have it right where it needs to be without running into instability. Dead on the line. 

Yes, it's really cool you can set your own sensitivity beyond that of standard pre-sets, a feature that would be a killer setting on a gold prospecting VLF for someone like me in mild soils.    It's probably too complicated of an option as you'd get people complain they've made their detector or in this case pinpointer unstable.  I pushed mine a little too hard and it was falsing a bit in the air like the Pro-Find at one point, still worked well in the ground though and at that setting was the most sensitive to small target pinpointer I've got.  So, I have to decide if I want to put up with a little instability to get the super sensitivity.  I'm thinking I'll mess around some more tweaking and try resolve that instability and get as close to that sensitivity as I can, I'm sure I can do it, just takes a bit of tuning.

Certainly, my favourite feature of the pin pointer.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gold Ryder said:

If anybody is selling the 12x7. Ill take it. Need another. We are using them on our mines here in Montana and are killing it with them.  We had the 10x5 last year and sold it.  We have another 6000 that I want to put it on. Thanks

If you are killing it then why don't you go buy a brand new 12 x 7? What other coils/detectors have you been using that weren't killing it?

D4G

11 hours ago, phrunt said:

I do know I found it not as sensitive as the 11" and then I decided it's not suitable for my needs, I need sensitivity seeing most of the gold I have a chance of finding is very small so I haven't used it since.

It does run nice and smooth though and works well around powerlines for its size.

MMMmmm. Maybe the reason you aren't getting bigger deeper gold is that you aren't targeting it, preferring to target the small, tiny shallow gold by your coil size choices & depth into ground penetration. Your friend seems to love his 15"CC & that will be giving him some good depth.

If you don't look for the deeper bigger gold you aren't going to find it. Or do you have trouble swinging a bigger coil?

D4G 

36 minutes ago, dig4gold said:

MMMmmm. Maybe the reason you aren't getting bigger deeper gold is that you aren't targeting it, preferring to target the small, tiny shallow gold by your coil size choices & depth into ground penetration. Your friend seems to love his 15"CC & that will be giving him some good depth.

If you don't look for the deeper bigger gold you aren't going to find it. Or do you have trouble swinging a bigger coil?

D4G 

I have "fear of missing gold" 🙂 I would rather come away with a tiny spec than nothing at all.  The 15"CC is great, it's like running a big coil for deeper gold and a tiny coil for small gold with one coil.  It lacks edge sensitivity through and its size can be a bit awkward in areas like this that the ground is so uneven, hilly, and rocky.  In more open areas it's a no brainer, the 15" would be the way to go especially as I can run my detector in normal with maximum sensitivity to get the most out of it.  He lives very near this spot so he can go back time and time again with different coils, which he does so he gets the best of both worlds.  I just use what I think will give me the most chance on the day as I don't go to this place often, or in this case trying out a new coil.

You're right through, if you're not geared up to find the bigger deeper bits, you're not likely to find it, although my two biggest nuggets (small to most people but big for me) were just over 4 grams have both been found with the small coils, the 8" and 10" and the one with the 8" was fairly deep.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, dig4gold said:

If you are killing it then why don't you go buy a brand new 12 x 7? What other coils/detectors have you been using that weren't killing it?

D4G

Why buy new when I can pick one up used for less money. I was one of the first 5 owners in the US. So Ive been using it since the ground was frozen here.  My smallest nugget .026 at 4 inches my deepest was close to 20" and over 3 grams and a couple hundred this season in between.  I havent even put my 11" on this year.   Reese had the 10x5 last year and it was missing gold and it doesnt glide or hold ground even close to NF.  I have not seen the edge sensitivity problem some have.  Mine is hot right to the outside.  The best part of this coil and where it really kicks the 11" coils butt is that it is super stable especially in the high EMI times in the afternoon when the 11" gets to the point that its almost unusable.  So you dont lose the faint whispers when the 11" does.  We have 5 6000s on the claims at times and a couple 5000s.  The last two years we have pulled many many ounces with the 6000s so Ive got a pretty damn good idea on how they behave 😘

• Like 3

On 8/17/2023 at 12:38 AM, dig4gold said:

I may have missed it, but what settings are you running? Cheers.

D4G

I run manual 9 or 10 in the mornings on open ground then go to Auto +.  If Im dig and detecting I run in Auto + unless Im checking tailings for missed wee bits then Ill run 9/10

• Like 1