Snakes, Thorns And Other Causes For Concern

Rad Rocks

I wear gaiters with all leather boots, a set of leather gloves, and clothes are a thicker weight cotton material.

Like the OP, I’m in AZ.  Gaiters were originally for snakes but they help so much with the thorns.  

A few times with cholla cactus stuck to my hands and it’s the gloves.

The thicker cotton lasts longer against brushing against thorns.  I’m still looking for a material as durable as winter weight BDUs/ACUs.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope as a fact I had my grandpa tell me a story he was logging and had to take a moment a 16 ft timber rattler was coming at him in his sitting position  to keep it clean he was having a movement so to say this thing was going right toward him helping his release  it sped right past him as a 16 ft California king snake was right on his tail we are talking 100 yrs ago well that king snake took that timber rattler down in no time he was a observer for sure  there was a old tumbler rattler in Columbia in the bar for years   19 feet on the wall say what you want there were very large snakes in ca a long time ago I will not even talk about what  we saw on censer ridge years ago across the old logging roads   Mid day  big old tracks the sierras were amazing in the old days many scoffed at the tails   Don’t know what happens to the Columbia one May be in a  special place to day it’s not all bs brothers 

1 hour ago, Drellim said:

Nope as a fact I had my grandpa tell me a story he was logging and had to take a moment a 16 ft timber rattler was coming at him in his sitting position  to keep it clean he was having a movement so to say this thing was going right toward him helping his release  it sped right past him as a 16 ft California king snake was right on his tail we are talking 100 yrs ago well that king snake took that timber rattler down in no time he was a observer for sure  there was a old tumbler rattler in Columbia in the bar for years   19 feet on the wall say what you want there were very large snakes in ca a long time ago I will not even talk about what  we saw on censer ridge years ago across the old logging roads   Mid day  big old tracks the sierras were amazing in the old days many scoffed at the tails   Don’t know what happens to the Columbia one May be in a  special place to day it’s not all bs brothers 

Damm Son you tell some whoppers!

We’ll no one had a tape measure  and the Columbia ca bar one was 13  ft  talked to mom last night     We don’t know for sure we were not there maybe grandpa embellished his story  made a good story  

We’ll I ate a big black bird today went looking it up and boy to I feel  like a heal  funny how some things we were told by people we looked up to  we just take it as fact   Was not intending to be a  fool for all to see  thanks for being kind   Back to fact checking everything   Before thinking I was so smart   They say 7 feet well that’s means this was a  50% BS   Story   At least  

25 minutes ago, Drellim said:

We’ll I ate a big black bird today went looking it up and boy to I feel  like a heal  funny how some things we were told by people we looked up to  we just take it as fact   Was not intending to be a  fool for all to see  thanks for being kind   Back to fact checking everything   Before thinking I was so smart   They say 7 feet well that’s means this was a  50% BS   Story   At least  

There is no harm done spinning handed down yarns.Hellfire we all enjoy a good story now and again it's entertainment.

Funny I do not feel bad at all trying to share a entertaining line of bs  as it turned  thanks almost tasty it was a fat one 

Wrap it in bacon and wash it down with good whiskey and you might even want another.

- Dave

• 2 months later...