After Labor Day Hunt, Sandy Point State Park

• The title was changed to After Labor Day Hunt, Sandy Point State Park

It might be small but it's still gold!! The Excalibur still has its place in your arsenal. I'm glad the beaches are opening up to be detected. I'm going to try my luck soon. You don't see Heineken very often these days 😄

• Like 1

You're getting soft Joe......7am is early for a water hunt? 😁

Nice hunt though......early starts are soon forgotten when you find gold.....pull tabs and bottle caps not so much.

I'm semi retired finally so any early starts are now no longer for going to work but going for gold.

Keep well,

Tony

PS.....digging bottle-caps with an Excal ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

It might be small but it's still gold!! The Excalibur still has its place in your arsenal. I'm glad the beaches are opening up to be detected. I'm going to try my luck soon. You don't see Heineken very often these days 😄

Thank you! Yes, I still keep using the 25 year old dinosaur, so far other than being heavy I don't mind it. Good Luck if you get out soon, I see we have a nice storm headed up the coast maybe we can get some major sand movement every where.

3 hours ago, Tony said:

You're getting soft Joe......7am is early for a water hunt? 😁

Nice hunt though......early starts are soon forgotten when you find gold.....pull tabs and bottle caps not so much.

I'm semi retired finally so any early starts are now no longer for going to work but going for gold.

Keep well,

Tony

PS.....digging bottle-caps with an Excal ????

Tony, I got to confess I've hated earlies for 40 years...(4am to 12pm)..Been retired 10 years now ...Rarely will you see me up earlier than 9am .. Gold or no gold, I enjoy waking up next to my girl more. 

Wow!! That is Great! Sounds like your close to freedom! Congratulation's! 

Thanks Buddy! You do the same, Be Safe!

PS.. Yea, I'm a rookie on fresh drop beaches...I was digging anything that gave me a "hint" of being good. I did stop after 7, more than likely number 8 was a gold chain..😲 

• Like 2

Congrats on the gold and it looks like a little bit of silver in the pile also.

Good luck on your next outing.

9 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

It happens when in duck-mode😂

That's just about what it sounds like, duck or dog.  Luckily I can quickly go from the duck mod to All metal in a instant with the push button on the handle.... I dislike all the sounds the excal makes in that mod..disc.

8 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Congrats on the gold and it looks like a little bit of silver in the pile also.

Good luck on your next outing.

Thank You! I hate to say it but I picked the quarters and nickels out with the small gold and dumped the rest. The one ER may have been silver but to small to even save. I do save my silver coins and rings for melt when I find them, been a slow year on silver.

20230905_162735.jpg.ced1a4ae91e075532ad38ba000bbe418.jpg

• Like 3

JOEBOBN

The Excal 🖖might be dated but it sure has gotten the job done for you , full of good ju ju , tried and true.

A little luck mixed in too , you lucky son of the beach..🌴.

A little storm action will stir things up on the bottom with a deposit from Davey Jones' ! 

• Like 1

Joe,

It is nice to see that you do sometimes detect like the rest of us mortals.  LOL  I know you were out of your element but someone left the gold for you, so might as well dig it out of the softer sand.  Hee hee

Cuniagau

• Like 1