Gold With 3 Different Detectors This Week

Compass

I hunted each day for the last 3 days, the first 2 being freshwater hunts. On the first day I was using my Nox 800 with the new control box that I got recently. I was a bit reluctant to submerge it again but it worked fine with no leaks and in the first hour of use I nearly paid for the new replacement box with an 8 gram, 14K, hollow gold bracelet.

I was on an overnight trip and forgot to bring the Nox battery charger so I hunted with the Excalibur the next day and had one of my best hunts this year with 4 pieces of gold jewelry totaling 30 grams. My Excalibur is one of my least used machines but in a side-by-side comparison with the Nox, in this particular location, I preferred it and felt really confident with the different tones. Each piece of gold was a low to mid tone and when I got those tones it was pretty exciting to see what I scooped up. Sure I found a lot of pull tabs, nickels and other low/mid conductors but I didn't get discouraged because it felt that the odds of finding gold were in my favor.

From the surf forecast and news reports calling for a sizeable hurricane swell, I just couldn't resist checking out the beach after I got back from my lake trip. I was tired and sore but decided to take the TDI Beach Hunter for a spin during low tide. The swell was definitely impressive and I found a few pockets of targets in the wet sand. I wound up with about 50 coins and one small but pretty 14K ring with a small diamond making it 3 days in a row finding gold with different detectors each day - a first for me, I believe.

IMG_20230907_204914.jpg

IMG_20230910_195846__01.jpg

IMG_20230910_074708__01.jpg

Very nice hunts and that last ring looks like it might be old.

Good luck on your next outing and don't forget the charger next time as you never know when you will need it.

9 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Very nice hunts and that last ring looks like it might be old.

Good luck on your next outing and don't forget the charger next time as you never know when you will need it.

Thanks VL, Hard to say on the ring's age. The style definitely looks vintage but none of the coins I found were old. 

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Wow, congrats on all the gold, Compass, well done!

wow2.gif

Thanks CPT, The hunt with the Excalibur was especially fun and satisfying. I think that the tones are more appealing to my ear than the sounds from the 800.

Absolutely fantastic couple of hunts.  Beautiful finds.  Just shows you it's not necessarily the machine that finds the gold - It's the operator. You worked hard for those targets.