Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

My Thoughts On Hunting Winnemucca Nv Region After Two Weeks

4 hours ago, Swegin said:

Do you have any more of these gems you wouldn't mind sharing?

I used to try to write about dredging and prospecting but never felt I could do it the justice it deserved. There is so much that happens that is beyond being able to express well. 

I do have three other gold-related short bits, but don't want to hijack the thread (any more than I have). Maybe if you want I'll start a thread for people who write about what we do and see if anyone else has writing they want to share - that would be fun. Let's see if anyone is interested.

And thank you for the comment...

• Like 3

David,

I did a quick informal pole and all of the participants are in favor of the storytelling thread.

I know there are many interesting stories to be told about the people, places and unusual events folks have experienced wandering about the gold fields.. 

I have lots of fine memories of the people I have known as a result of this compelling habit we all seem to share, trustworthy and reliable are two words which come to mind.  I do miss them.

Post on!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

flack you do it justice  maybe to hard on your self  this world needs to remember and learn  and laugh   Got to share the experience   You are golden for that 

I asked Steve H. about it and he said - why, it's what we're all doing anyway in these threads, but if you want to go ahead…

But for now, since I only have these three, I think I'll just stick them in this thread since nobody is objecting. So here.

Boulder Bonanza.pdfThe Dale District .pdfLost in the Middle of Nowhere .pdf

• Like 3

Im back in Meadview, Az and I got my first nugget today for the winter season here in Arizona. It is good to be back and it seems like I was just here two months ago, even though I left here for Montana in April. I am dealing with some hot temps that I am not used to with not having any shade to hide under. I am staying in my bell tent and the flies right now are rivaling Montana but there appears to be one basic type of fly. In Montana we have well over twenty types of flies to deal with. I now have to add another annoyance to deal with. Ants by the hundreds getting into my tent. ?. I had a mouse get into my atv cargo bag and he ate some snacks and a pack of smokes which pissed me off. Well as of this morning he is no more. Now I have to eliminate the rest of the mice and the rat. The flies are driving me bananas ??. I thought I was going to get skunked today and while I was heading back to my ATV , I reached the coil under a bush and it screamed and out came a nice . 76 of a gram nugget to keep the skunk at bay. I have a good video coming next that I think y'all will like. I am still uploading vids from Montana. When those are done I will start on my time detecting in Nevada. Living outdoors for three years now and trying to earn a living by detecting for gold is not easy and it wears on my moral. There are a lot of things I love about it but there are things I despise about it. I am down to under $100, and very soon I need to pull a miracle out of the ground and get it sold. I am close to 500 subscribers, 462 last time I looked. I would really appreciate it if y'all spread the word to any friends you have that detect and or like watching videos like this. I am going to start adding in things that happen or take place outside of detecting itself. Camp life and the highs and lows of living like this is what I am talking about and other things I come across. Thank you to all on here that follow me and follow me on YouTube. I much appreciate it. Those of you in Australia that read my posts on here, please check out my channel and spread the word. Gold Seeker Adventures. I don't think there are too many people in the states choosing to live out of a tent with no end in sight trying to make a living detecting for gold solely for their income. It's truly feast or famine to say the least. Ahh but I know a freedom not many people get to experience in this day and age and the gold is getting harder to find. Every day I have to put my strategies to use and every day I have to invent new strategies and evaluate new theories I come up with to continue staying ontop of the gold. Below is my last big group of nuggets from detecting my claims in Montana and I just sold them all, a few days ago to get to Arizona. They were 6.6 grams. The other pic of nuggets is what I found in Winnemucca area including Rye Patch, The Eugene mountains, Pronto, Bikini tree, Sawtooth, rabbit hole, placerites, and the Humbolt mounains. This gold will be given away for book sales. Buy two books get a nugget sort of thing. 

IMG_20230919_124623916.jpg

IMG_20230919_124611668.jpg

IMG_20230919_124545514.jpg

IMG_20230918_173136622_HDR.jpg

Screenshot_20230908-152821.png

Screenshot_20230908-152816-227.png

Screenshot_20230908-152801-925.png

IMG_20230916_062130139_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230918_055926690_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230917_135806324_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230912_170708245.jpg

IMG_20230912_172709518.jpg

IMG_20230912_163817769_HDR.jpg

• Like 8

My hat is off to you living like you are choosing. It's not for sissies.
I would like to contribute to your YouTube, how do you recommend I do that?

Wishing you great good luck in Arizona this winter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reese I wish you the best of luck I have done this mostly dredging in the past the color now days is really hard to find and it is hardscrabble to say the least all the areas are well known with the internet  and it is brutal  to say the least in my experience it’s best to have funds from work and use the funds to get out gas is crazy expensive these days and that can hit the poke real hard   I hope your you tube can take that burden away   It is amazing how much ground is worked  by so many my 2 centavos  work out side the known  it takes time but it is still there let us know how we can help  we all will  sorry about the bugs it’s part of Murphy a law   And  she is a bitch   Sorry I could not help on new ground it’s hard to find and no one is sharing much these days   Godspeed   

• Like 1

Hope things work out for you buddy.  Wish I was closer so I could bring you a care package again.

Regards,  Ceril

• Like 1

Hey Reese,

Many would love to live the dream you're living, despite the hard times.  Many of us live in this "rat race" world chasing the dollar to make ends meet.  For most, it's the stress that kills us.  Sometimes I think living a simple life with very minimal stress is much healthier for us.  For me, it's working since I was 15, running a business for over 20 years and sometimes I think what do I have to really show for it?  I look into the mirror at night, wondering where time really went ..... You realize people around you have died off, kids grown up and wonder where did time really go, as I didn't really get to enjoy anything running and gunning for years on end.  

I guess it's just a part of life.  

There are many out there that never get to experience what you have seen and done, but would love to.  You're adventures, Youtube and posts here truly keep the dream alive for many.   You're influencing many people with the dream, the experience and the stories, most wish they could do.  

That all being said, keep your head up, the next big nuggets is not far away!  I loved Northern Nevada, spent a good amount of time around all those areas you mentioned in the late 90's early 2000's.  Wishing you much luck around Gold Basin and Thanks for all your continued business with us.  

P.S.  Stay off so and so property ? 

You're friend,

Rob

• Like 7