Garrett Direct

Whites sold to the Public.  Always at MSRP.  If someone from your area purchased at the factory, they'd give you the dealer, part of the sale.  It would be nice if Garrett did something like that.

Sounds like the beginning of the end for Garrett. I won't advertise for them anymore on my sites. I don't get why they don't try and make some new stuff?? Take a ATPRO and redesign it and make it more user-friendly and lightweight, fast more powerful like a normal company would. So long Garrett 😪🤧

46 minutes ago, Kickindirt said:

Sounds like the beginning of the end for Garrett. I won't advertise for them anymore on my sites. I don't get why they don't try and make some new stuff?? Take a ATPRO and redesign it and make it more user-friendly and lightweight, fast more powerful like a normal company would. So long Garrett 😪🤧

I like Garrett for the most part, their machines are simple to operate. They're a family-owned US company.   However, they tend to hold on to tech for a bit.  Examples are Sea Hunter Mark 2, introduced in 1999, GTI 2500, also 1999, AT Series, Pro (2010), Gold (2011), and MAX (2018) which I only mention because to me it's just a hybrid between the Pro and Gold but with Z-Lynk Wireless.

They have a reputation for quality and service not only in the US but Worldwide.  They're in the box stores.  They have other divisions like Security and Military (Minesweeping).  They may be feeling the effects of lost sales to Minelab and Nokta.  Who knows, maybe they got too many complaints from customers that Dealers aren't stocking enough.  Those folks could still order online from the many Garrett Dealers out there.

I don't think they're going away anytime soon but their "Sport" Sales may be lacking which may have prompted this decision.  Has the Independent Dealer idea run its course?

I've always liked them too Walt. Don't have anything against them. Just not going to compete against them.  I would sure hate to see Garrett fold. I understand as a business they gotta do what they gotta do. Hell if they released some new stuff I would buy just cause I like to try new stuff, even if they don't support me as a dealer. 

• 1 month later...

I had the opportunity to spend a couple of days in Stanton, Arizona Training with Rusty Curry and Miguel Ardito from Garrett.

Rusty brought up the subject of “Garrett Direct” and I informed him that his Dealers weren’t happy with the competition.

His explanation was that it’s not a full-blown website with ALL of their products.  It’s simply a platform for Garrett to move their refurbished units and slow-moving items that dealers are not “pushing” or even ordering.  Also, if you walk into their headquarters, you CAN purchase a Metal Detector AT FULL MSRP, the same as Garrett Direct.

I’m feeling better about it now that I have the facts.  Garrett is still a first-rate Family Owned, U.S. Company and I will continue to offer their products.