Seven Silvers And Then Some!

46 minutes ago, SwiftSword said:

Yesterday I picked up some tools and other items at a house here in Eastern Mass. The house was 19th century, with a nice, seemingly untouched yard. While there, I casually asked the owner if he'd mind me bringing my detector over to see what I might find. He didn't mind, so out came the machine. The large front yard was filled, and a bust. The two side yards made up for that.

I found the coin purse handle first, with an IHP rusted into it (which I didn't realize until I got home). There were a bunch of wheaties in the general vicinity of it. The back of the yard featured a little brick outdoor grill. The area in front of it was clearly used extensively - the toys and four of the seven silvers popped out there, plus more wheaties. The other silvers and the rest of the keepers were distributed evenly through the rest of the yard. Naturally by silver #4 the fever had kicked in and I was hyperventilating for the rest of the hunt 🙂

I mostly used the Sensitive FT program on the Deus, because iron and trash were very dense. All the silvers were fairly shallow, but not nearly as clear as I would have liked, even with hi square tones and an equalizer adjustment, probably because of EMI and/or all the trash. There's a chance I missed some. I'll probably go back at least one more time, and try the 11x13 coil, too.

FYI, I recently got the over-the-ear style headphones for my Deus II and have noticed a marked improvement in my finds. This may not apply to everyone, but my hearing is going and I feel the standard headphones are letting in too much background noise. The cans are good at blocking that out and letting me make out the fainter tones. My already low situational awareness is, of course, entirely gone 😄

silvers.thumb.jpg.8dd4967b195b47d4cd35ee407849e2ef.jpg

IMG_3112.thumb.jpeg.ce063dde88ec8d84cbd2422f6893c547.jpeg

IMG_3106.thumb.jpeg.9f0b608d2adfa37ec12bd875f4a37436.jpeg

IMG_3117.thumb.jpeg.c350273e38ec2d3822db0eb7780dbbd3.jpeg

IMG_3118.thumb.jpeg.a380d8a4ebac4e106ac2e44ce1a807f5.jpeg

IMG_3108.thumb.jpeg.eebdaab76701c120a58be2a9f6a31d3f.jpeg

IMG_3110.thumb.jpeg.c3f3ce4fb78fe7b8571a3a4a941750f6.jpeg

IMG_3115.thumb.jpeg.e3b550377b252d0984084534c4006731.jpeg

IMG_3114.thumb.jpeg.6337db6546c5e14045362c0f8405eeda.jpeg

Killer hunt SwiftSword! There's nothing much better than a loaded up Silver Horde and seemingly untouched kinda yard.The purse closure with the early IHP fused to it is a unique find and a choice display item left as is.Love those toys! Is the little cup pewter or pot medal or lead?Nice work! 

• Like 1

That is a very nice assortment of finds.    Right place, right time and gumption to ask.

• Like 1

I would have been tickled pink with the IHP, but with all the silvers and nice selection of artifacts to go with it… Wow!

• Like 1

Great hunt and I love those old houses and farms to hunt at.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 2

WOW ! Great mixed bag hunt. Quarter trifecta, token, toys, relics, a little bit of everything. Yard permissions like that are hard to find these days. I agree with the comment on leaving the pinched Ihp the way it is for display. Quite the conversation piece. The button is interesting, would love to know more about that. Congrats on the silver score and all the other cool finds. I would definitely hit that place a couple more times. Good luck. Mark

• Like 1