4 Ring Day With Silver And 14k Gold!

EDIT:  Acid test says it’s between 14k and 18k!

Haven’t been posting much the past few months as I haven’t been finding much to post about.  Doesn’t mean I haven’t been out detecting though!   I’ve been hitting the woods a lot and I got a permission to a 1940s house that gave up one merc and I keep going over my usual sites, but they’re not producing.  

Today I hit the local high school.  I’ve pulled well over $100 in clad out of there and had my best clad day there with about $33 in one hunt.  Today I got 4 rings, two junkers, a .925, and one more that I’m pretty sure is gold.  It’s not marked but I took a small file the inside and didn’t see a color change after filing a small groove.  It rang up a solid 51 on the D2.  Got  that one and two of the others under the home bleachers.  Also got $9.90 in clad!  Which is pretty good since I hit this place so often.  

Gotta love the deus2 for being able to remove the coil and lower stem while crawling on my hands and knees under the bleachers!  I got a gold acid test kit on the way so I’ll be testing that ring and will update this post once I test it.  

D4827ED5-6AA7-4B4F-8742-5EA37A30EFC2.jpeg

35BD0B18-1D29-404A-92A8-DEF2CEEB4CE2.jpeg

2494725B-C328-4B90-82DA-472752D2217C.jpeg

59A0F225-CA88-4ABC-AC1C-E0A6E620E48A.jpeg

1D4A61BF-BF24-4E37-92F5-61FADE2940F3.jpeg

NCtoad!!! 🥳

Great job man, that's a lot of digging. 👍 I was averaging about $10 a day at the campground so I feel the ache. Sadly no good rings just junk.

I just waved the 13" under the benches, if I got a blip I went after it with the MI-6. Much better idea to pull the coil.

You don't have a lot of "freshies" in that pile 'o' clad so it looks like you're hitting the deeper stuff. 🙂

Good to see ya back!

1 hour ago, rvpopeye said:

Hope the test scratch doesn't dissolve🧐

Like the look of those bleachers ! 

The ones here have too many cross braces..But I get under there anyway....

There’s a lot of cross braces on these bleachers too, just ask my head!  Lol

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

NCtoad!!! 🥳

Great job man, that's a lot of digging. 👍 I was averaging about $10 a day at the campground so I feel the ache. Sadly no good rings just junk.

I just waved the 13" under the benches, if I got a blip I went after it with the MI-6. Much better idea to pull the coil.

You don't have a lot of "freshies" in that pile 'o' clad so it looks like you're hitting the deeper stuff. 🙂

Good to see ya back!

Thanks F350!   Everything under the bleachers is around 1 inch or less.  In the grassy areas around the school buildings I’d say the average depth is 2-5”.  

• The title was changed to 4 Ring Day With Silver And 14k Gold!