Big Day Lake Hunt

TripleT

Went water detecting on Saturday to a local beach.  This popular spot can be totally non producing.  It gets detected hard.  A four hour hunt, lake was lower than I've ever seen it and sand bars have really been moved around.   Results: 4 rings in 4 hours.  The big one is 17.4 grams 18k from Pakistan. Rang up like a zinc penny. The small one is under a gram and rang up like a stainless ring, but smaller.

20231014_174420.jpg

Nice hunt...what has moved the sand bars on the lake Wind? and why is the water lever so low? export? Just curious as I also hunt fresh water a lot..

strick 

We've had a lot of wind storms from the north pushing the sand around. As for the water level; been pretty dry this summer. Lake started off  about a foot lower than last year. Which doesn't help. 

The hunt only lasted about 4 hours.  When I started coming across other detectorist diggings, I knew it was time to go. 

Monster 18k! That should be worth a lot- get it appraised. Congrats, I think I'd have to go back and try again maybe off the beaten path of the other guys. This is why we hunt water!