What Is Your Experience Buying From Nelcoils.com?

I tried to finalize the purchase of a Troy Shadow X5 coil and it seems that the only way to pay is by making a deposit into a bank account, money order & money gram, which is strange or suspicious for any company that considers itself serious.

Note: The same coil is on an auction website for twice the price.

Screenshot_20231102-152018.thumb.png.558cf6aea4d0da8a5f7468c580a40feb.png

X-coils have had the same problem as Nel, it's very difficult at the moment to get money to their countries, mainly due to sanctions and the banks they have are intermediatory banks of much larger Russian owned banks so have the sanctions imposed on them too, so just like this Nelcoils site X-coils were using Western Union for some time although it became troublesome so they switched to Moneygram which worked OK but not ideal so now they prefer direct bank transfers using SWIFT telegraphic transfers.

With both Western Union and Moneygram there is no buyer protection so you have to rely on the seller being honest and getting the goods to you.

There are sellers on Ebay with Nel coils for your detector and then you'd get buyer protection although the prices are incredibly high since the war,  Nelcoil website direct seems a lot cheaper.

I haven't bought any Nel's off the Nelcoil website always buying off them when they had Ebay so I had buyer protection but I guess now they can no longer use PayPal with the sanctions they can no longer use Ebay either as they wouldn't allow Western Union/Moneygram payments, their Ebay account no longer exists.   

Unless someone has bought coils recently from there and had success, I'd be wary as its very difficult to sell and ship from there at the moment so much so X-coils changed countries they're based in to deal with the problem.

What concerns me the most is Nel's official website is down, nel-coils.com

nelgone.jpg.cae920f0376867c534348544281f0e53.jpg

It's a real shame for you the detector you've got is a less common one as Regton in the UK have some incredible pricing on Nel coils at the moment, many under half price for lots of models of older detector like the Fisher F19 range and other older model detectors.  I'm tempted to buy some myself for my older model detectors seeing they're so cheap at the moment there.

Search results for: 'Nel coils' (regton.com)

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sanctions will now prevent FoxMD from receiving payment from most countries, they will also be unable to ship to many countries from Russia.  Not a good idea to try buy from them at the moment.