Found My Nemesis..

Great find, did she send you the photo of her ring, because the one you found looks close to it but not quite the same.

I hope that is the ring she lost and that she rewards you nicely for all your hard work on finding it.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

• Like 1

Well good on you again, Erik! It's odd that it turned up in that spot after all this time. It might have been face down on edge at the time and shifted to a more flat position over time. Congrats again! Maybe your new nemesis will reveal itself the next time out. 😉

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

did she send you the photo of her ring, because the one you found looks close to it but not quite the same.

11 hours ago, Medina said:

yeah, they do look a bit different...would be MY luck to send off a ring and hear back "wth?"

Crikey fellas you got me worried enough to find her original message with the picture she send while still on the beach.. It says: "... like this but 7 diamonds".. That's good enough for me, she's not some scammer claiming a ring that looks a bit like theirs.. Also her reaction at getting it back after such a long time showed it was hers.. I'm more worried now about it getting lost in the mail, that'd be too tragic an end to such a happy tale.. 

I do get a bit worried sometimes when I message people back with a picture asking if this is their ring when they've only given me a vague description.. Most of the time people send a picture of the ring when they first contact me, so I know what I'm looking for.. I've never had anyone claim a ring that wasn't theirs (I hope), you can judge by their reactions when you tell them you've found it.. It's more sentimental reactions saying how much their ring meant to them and relief at having it back, rather than 'yeah that's mine, how much do you want?' sort of stuff.. 

I've got one woman on my Facebook ring finder page who claims all male plain gold wedding bands belong to her husband who lost it "somewhere on the island".. Each time she sends a message, I very politely tell her to bugger off.. Another weird one was an elderly woman who lost her ring in a hotel swimming pool.. When I asked her when she lost it she told me that it was six months ago, she wanted to pay me to go there and check the pool filters.. I'm not a heartless bastard so I didn't go for the easy score, instead I told her to call the hotel and get their pool-boys to check the filters.. She did send back a 'thank you' message saying the hotel people were still looking for her ring, good luck to them..      

• Like 4

7 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Maybe your new nemesis will reveal itself the next time out. 😉

Thanks Captain, I hope so too.. This new ring is one of several, I've got more nemeses in other bays.. I've also been searching for them over the years.. It was the same old story of not finding the one you're looking for but finding a long lost love instead.. 🙂   

• Like 1

You're the King of Karma, Erik. 👑

In my life I've found when something is frustrating or obsessive it's best to get away from it for a bit, and that seems to have worked for you! Good one! 👍

• Like 3