A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum

F350Platinum

index.jpeg.938c8a6460dd06b3bb9d2ad15d2f5fee.jpeg

This weekend I received a backup Deus 2 RC and WS6, I want to send my original RC in for service. The center pin of one of the DIN cables broke off in the charging jack and it is getting difficult to charge the remote.

The first thing I did after opening the box was check the version, it was V0.71. I was hoping the remote would be newer but I guess not too many buy spares 🤔

I then updated the unit, and compared it to my old remote on the right:20231124_161642.thumb.jpg.51b6aa2e046250a6cfe3d2c7917fa59f.jpg

Yikes, the versions are different release dates! 😬

I then remembered that I updated the WS6 module soon after, and didn't update the remote again, so I updated it.20231124_163758.thumb.jpg.e2d4fa5df781c4d2fdfd0691b3361eab.jpg

Ok, so that's cool, they're both the same now. 🤔 Wonder if they updated the V2 RC program again, time will tell.

Got my WS6 today, same story, V 0.71. 🤬 updated it, and checked both:20231125_142131.thumb.jpg.179d766fcdaf76fe23534f6340cf0f7c.jpg

That's the old one, and below the new:20231125_145356.thumb.jpg.db32b52ce5eff5c4bfe80be202825ca8.jpg

Yikes, 8 minutes difference 🤣 Hope the uploader didn't say "oh crap", and uploaded it again with another change... 🤔

Don't mean for y'all freak out and write your representatives, but it is what it is. Guess I should update my old one again. 🤬 

Extra points if you're old enough to remember the joke. 😎

Happy hunting? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lodge Scent said:

I lot could have happened in those 8 minutes F350 😄. Zero Mostel was a very funny guy. The original "The Producers" was hilarious. 

Well you get 20,000 "Forum points". 🤣 I was 6 years old when that film came out, but for some reason I remember it well, and The Producers. Very funny stuff. That photo was perfect for the article 😎 Mel Brooks took the reins later.

Each "Forum Point" is worth 1/1,000,000th of a cent, so try not to spend them all. 😁 Inflation, you understand. 

• Haha 2

On 11/25/2023 at 9:13 PM, F350Platinum said:

The center pin of one of the DIN cables broke off in the charging jack and it is getting difficult to charge the remote.

Yikes! That's exactly one of the things I'm afraid of happening. That connector is not designed to withstand many connections. May be ok, if you hunt every now and then.. but probably not for us 2-3 times a week hunters. They should have gone magnetic.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sinclair said:

They should have gone magnetic.

I agree with you 🙂

I'm hoping someone will eventually make a hard attachment (not a wire) to magnetically charge. Most people don't use the BH-01 headphones, and there are so many good wireless headphones. The relic hunters would be thrilled.

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I agree with you 🙂

I'm hoping someone will eventually make a hard attachment (not a wire) to magnetically charge. Most people don't use the BH-01 headphones, and there are so many good wireless headphones. The relic hunters would be thrilled.

Heck, I would have been happy if they switched to USB-C as we're two generations of USB connectors behind at this point.  Anyway, a sealed multifunction port is basically a necessity, because while its true land and shallow water hunters do not use the BH-1 phones much, the remote is set up and advertised to be 20 meter dive capable so a DIN connector is all but required to provide that capability for the requisite wired phones.  That means they would also have to make room for a separate magnetic charge and data port on a remote (as that can't be used for audio submerged) with a very small footprint to provide magnetic charging and data which is really a waste of real estate.

• Like 2