A New Concentric Coil Coming For The Earlier GPX 4500/5000 Series From X-coils

phrunt

Hi Phrunt. Don't you have a 15"CC X coil for your GPZ 7000. Have you not tried that at this spot you speak of? From what I have read I would think the 7000 with 15"CC would be better than a 15"CC on the 5000. The bonus of this coil for the GPX's is that no adapter is required. Plug & play.

D4G

4 minutes ago, dig4gold said:

Hi Phrunt. Don't you have a 15"CC X coil for your GPZ 7000. Have you not tried that at this spot you speak of? From what I have read I would think the 7000 with 15"CC would be better than a 15"CC on the 5000. The bonus of this coil for the GPX's is that no adapter is required. Plug & play.

D4G

I have tried the 15" CC on the GPZ there EMI wise it's perfect, but still had me fooled on many hot rocks as they're just nasty at that spot.  The 5000 handles them better, it will be interesting to see how it goes with the Concentric.   Yes, the 7000 with 15" CC will be better than a 5000 with 15" CC for many uses, but this one the 5000 may well win, soon see 🙂  I have a few high EMI areas I'd like to try it out too.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Luis said:

What would be the price Simon?

They haven't worked that out yet.

1 hour ago, Luis said:

What would be the price Simon?

Something insane....probably 4x what any other coil from Eastern Europe would cost. Sell a kidney and you might be able to afford it 😁

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

15" Concentric for the legacy GPX

You mention the GPX 4500/5000.  I assume they will also work on a 4000 or even a GP 3500 - any Minelab PI that has DD ability?  Or are they just not as useful as they are on the more recent GPX models? 

6 minutes ago, Northeast said:

You mention the GPX 4500/5000.  I assume they will also work on a 4000 or even a GP 3500 - any Minelab PI that has DD ability?  Or are they just not as useful as they are on the more recent GPX models? 

No, they will work on all GPX models, it's just such an annoying thing they called the GPX 6000 a GPX when it's nothing like a GPX 🙂 So trying to avoid including it, while including all previous models is tricky to word.  Perhaps I should say All GP/GPX models except the 6000! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2