A New Concentric Coil Coming For The Earlier GPX 4500/5000 Series From X-coils

phrunt

8 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

The 6000 for me is uninteresting, no matter who makes a new coil for it 😄. I now use it to prop up all my other detectors. Makes a great book end🤔

That makes for an expensive book end. What is at the other end, A GPZ 7000? That's an even more expensive book end.

As much as you poke fun at the 6000 & its short falls. It does well at finding gold.

D4G

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dig4gold said:

That makes for an expensive book end. What is at the other end, A GPZ 7000? That's an even more expensive book end.

As much as you poke fun at the 6000 & its short falls. It does well at finding gold.

D4G

No GPZ for me, unless I want to be single again 😄 I do poke at the 6000 and I'm not knocking it's ability to find small gold (and more). For finding small targets (like the tiny brass beads I was looking for) it smoked my 5000.  For me the problem always has been the labeling of the machine as a GPX in the first place. I would imagine that boosted sales a bit, but in reality in isn't anything like my 5000. I bought it thinking it was the next in line and would be better than the previous version, but for what I usually use the GPX for (beach and relic hunting), it is not better. So it sits on one end until someone else is unhappy with their 7000 and mails it to me. 😆 Bookends are better in pairs.

On 11/30/2023 at 6:50 AM, phrunt said:

You really need to try an older GPX on this ground, especially with a DD coil, I think you would be pleasantly surprised.  Borrow or hire one or something, there has to be a way to try before you buy.  Someone may meet up with you with one.  If the concentric deals with it in DD mode while also controlling EMI and having some decent sensitivity I will be a very happy person.

These rock formations are quite weird, I don't know if lava caused them, but they're nasty to detect and smash up to try get targets out of them.  There is no soil there, it's all rock.

IMG_0440.thumb.jpg.2215b1e4fb55438283a262a215dda606.jpg

That rock is called polymictic conglomerate. Common in some places here to mate.

The stuff here dose not carry gold like normal sandstone type conglomerate but it can be intruded by gold bearing veins.

Not sure about your NZ stuff though if the water course that made the clasts was auriferous it will be.

Ours pre-dates the gold mineralisation events so keep these options open when prospecting the area.

That type of conglomerate is prone to brittle fracture which is highly favourable for gold vein intrusion. Also some types have clasts that are chemically favourable for gold precipitation. Good rock most of the time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Goldhound, good to hear from you, I hope all is going very well and I appreciate the information.  Sounds like I need to put a bit more effort into these areas.

It's looking like the 15" GPX Concentric will be $490 USD delivered express.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

I'd say that is reasonable if the performance is there.

I can't use my 15" on my 7000 at the same time as the 5000 but there may be some performance differences worth the effort and expense.

• Like 1

It's all relative, people who find a lot with their detectors and coils think stuff is worthwhile, those that don't think it's not. 

This was just posted yesterday; a guy had his first day out with his 15" Concentric that just arrived for his GPZ in Australia.  His first foray into X-coils after his friend recommended, he did it.

406905631_10160748827453614_3775712293760185138_n.thumb.jpg.de68660a31b2edac12d86812cc3bdd5a.jpg

406909025_10160748827463614_1123417751632772533_n.thumb.jpg.16250e41e7a94959a57957d39a004903.jpg

Paid it off the first time out and enough change to buy another one, you can bet he's not concerned about its price, considering his detector was 10 grand.

I'm on the other side of the spectrum, hard for me to pay gold detectors and coils off with my small gold but I just really enjoy doing it so to me it's worthwhile, but my VLF's are a different story, they owe me little if anything at all.  One ring paid off a few of them in one hit and I've found hundreds of silver coins. I thought my CTX was an absolute bargain.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Redz said:

Is that the coil retail cost, or your cost?

That would be the price they would sell them for on their website including shipping.