Entering Into The "abyss"

Good to know because usually big coils can miss the smaller stuff. Looks like they have a good balance on depth and sensitivity.

In the field with D2 and 9" coil I picked up half a trime at 7-8" and a merc at 12". Both using 14khz smf

With that in mind I have to figure do I want another machine or should I snag the 11x13 for my D2 which I think will be horribly nose heavy. Leaning towards a heavier machine that is better balanced.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2024 at 9:35 AM, kac said:

Good to know because usually big coils can miss the smaller stuff. Looks like they have a good balance on depth and sensitivity.

In the field with D2 and 9" coil I picked up half a trime at 7-8" and a merc at 12". Both using 14khz smf

With that in mind I have to figure do I want another machine or should I snag the 11x13 for my D2 which I think will be horribly nose heavy. Leaning towards a heavier machine that is better balanced.

I have no problem with my opinion as I use the D2. Go for the 11x13. I will soon.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, George Kinsey said:

I have no problem with my opinion as I use the D2. Go for the 11x13. I will soon.

That would be a good comparison a d2 with largest coil vs the abyss.

3 minutes ago, kac said:

That would be a good comparison a d2 with largest coil vs the abyss.

I will save you the trouble when I get one. But I have lots of testing to do with the Abyss.

• Like 2