Entering Into The "abyss"

If i recall its running at 5khz and has the 15'' coil ?? unless it has some secret sauce inside,saying that would the Nox running 5kz with the 15'' coil perform basically the same but also offers multi freq and even 4khz as well into the bargain.

Will be interesting to see how it performs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am interested in this because of how well my Vista X punches minerals & handles bad site conditions(both ground & EMI).        I have the Legend with LG35 coil and now the Rutus Versa with 11" coil & it's ability to run Dual mixed modes in Disc & All Metal.  Still, the Deep Tech machines are a different approach than other makers. They are modern old school & a lot of fun to run. The performance is there & they are reasonable priced. I'm sure I will be calling Richard @ Backwoods before long.

It looks to be just single Disc but does have the separate Threshold control I depend on to fine tune. The coil is evidently a new design 14" DD.    Good name too.

• Like 2

So, here the specifications:
- Operating frequency - 5 kHz;
- 14" round DD waterproof search coil, supplied with coil cover;
- Modes of operation - VCO variable audio. VCO in Vista ABYSS is driven by discrimination and signal strength - the bigger the object, the louder the sound (higher or lower depending on the type of metal);
- Audio Frequency - variable;
- Power consumption - 100 mAh in standby regime;
- Search mode - slow motion;
- Manual Ground balance;
- Sensitivity control;
- Volume control;
- Threshold control;
- Led Low battery alert;
- Batteries Requirements – we strongly recommend to use 8 x 1,5 V AA Alkaline Batteries or rechargeable Batteries with more than 2000mA/h;
- Battery life - 18 hours;
- Cable Length (approx.) -53” (135 cm);
  • Like 2

Sounds very similar to the Non Motion with Discrimination and Tone ID on the Rutus Versa or Gen mode on the Anfibio/Impact.

I will be interested in the Abyss's small(coin size) target sensitivity at depth.

• Like 3

In regards to inquiries I received today about our new #ABYSS detector - here are some clarifications, what was sent to our dealers today too.

#ABYSS is typical relic hunting unit.

As you already know - the device work on 5kHz frequency which makes it easier to find large, deep-buried targets. But as you can see from the first video we published yesterday its depth and for large coins is more than good.

The #ABYSS don't have all metal and silent discrimination mode under the presumption that deep targets may sometimes not give accurate information about the type of metal, which would lead to missing valuable objects.

#ABYSS is very easy to use thanks to only its four controls.

At the same time it's a device really for experienced searchers who are primarily interested in relic hunting.

Тhis is not a device for hobby seekers who spend a few hours for pleasure on the beach or on metal detectors meeting.

Tomorrow movie for discrimination. From Deep Tech. A dedicated Relic Machine.

I sure was hoping Deep Tech was introducing a 5-7 kHz version Vista X. That would be useful to me in the USA. It would not be as wanted in Europe because of the types of targets they seek. That's why the X is 16 kHz.  Still, the Abyss appears to have better small target sensitivity than the Impact/Anfibio or Versa.

• Like 1

It will be a while before I have mine for hunting some older promising Colonial and Civil War sites with my focus on deeper big brass and trash pits.

• Like 1