Question About DeepTech

Is there a reason that the Deep Tech detectors are not discussed much on DP

I have recently done a trade deal for a Deep Tech Vista X, did I need the Vista X no, but I always wanted to try a beep and dig detector, so I did a deal on one, should be here by the end of the week 

One question I have on the Deep Tech Vista X, is it states to use Alkaline AA batteries to power, is there any reason you cannot use a good rechargeable AA battery in the Vista X, I have a ton of Rechargeable AA's, already

No problem with the recharge batteries other than when they go down they go quick but like you said you have more than enough. I’m in the same boat as you with recharge and a cheaper way to go in the long run.

Chuck 

• Like 1

I think a AA is  a AA.  I would have loved to use the rechargeable 9 volts in my GB 2  but for some reason they were ever so slightly bigger and the tolerance in the battery slot wouldn't take them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

No problem with the recharge batteries other than when they go down they go quick but like you said you have more than enough. I’m in the same boat as you with recharge and a cheaper way to go in the long run.

Chuck 

Thanks Chuck, not a problem carrying spare rechargeable's for me, I use the Eneloop Pro's and picked up some carrier's for double A's the containers are made by Eneloop and hold 4 AA's in each one, have also had good results with the Tenergy AA's

Really looking forward to giving this Vista X a try

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lost Scout said:

I think a AA is  a AA.  I would have loved to use the rechargeable 9 volts in my GB 2  but for some reason they were ever so slightly bigger and the tolerance in the battery slot wouldn't take them.

Well I have found its not quite true when it comes to rechargeable AA batteries there really is a difference in the good ones and the cheaper brands, when it comes to using them in a detector the good ones like the Eneloop Pro's and such seem to give you a longer run time than just your average rechargeable AA's, size wise I have not noticed much differences but the amount of run time, I have noticed some pretty big differences in them

DSMITH  

I’ve got a Vista X in the other room that I’m looking forward to using it soon on some property my son in law is planning on flipping.

Chuck 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lost Scout said:

I run Powerex true 9.6 volt rechargable batteries in my GB2 with great results, they're very good batteries.

powerex.jpg.0a88089a3265508b22764fead3b5b3f5.jpg

And I agree with DSMITH, the Eneloop Pro's are the best AA batteries for in detectors.  

• Like 2

AA alkaline batteries are 1.5 volts,rechargeable AA battery are 1.2 volts.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

DSMITH  

I’ve got a Vista X in the other room that I’m looking forward to using it soon on some property my son in law is planning on flipping.

Chuck 

I think its going to be a good one for me, as I do not use TIDs on detectors, I listen to the Tones and if it sounds good to great I dig, even with the tech of today I never really looked at the screen much, I just wanted a detector that I could ground balance and adjust a little and then detect, and I felt the Vista X would allow me to do that, it should be here by Friday and we will see, hopefully it will bring back the fun in detecting to me again, as it has not been fun for me here lately at all

• Like 1

The Vista X is a fun to run machine. Very capable.

• Like 1