Hi From London (uk)

Rivers rat

Hi Just joined the forum and i thought it will be respectful to introduce myself :Rivers rat french chap living in London and sieving the mud of the river Thames for the last.......10 years i have been detecting for 25 years used lots of machine .Recently interested by gold nugget hunting and dredge(Which i can't use...).

Et voila!

RR

Welcome 'Regis the Thames Mudlarker' and a fine chef as i understand as well,did you go too the XP weekend ??

What is the main machine that you use on the Thames foreshore these days,the Tesoro with the 4'' coil was mainly the weapon of choice then a few tried the Deeptech Vista Gold with the 5'' coil.

Morning yes i went to the XP week end i am well looked after by XP......i needed to see that coil from my own eyes and also to hear how it sounds through the V4 for the river i try to use different machine on the same spot 

i.e i participated to a survey on the Royal Naval College in Greenwich 3 days in a row and i used 3 differents machine

1st day Vista gold did OK

2nd day Deus did Ok

3rd day the lobo and i did a killing bear in mind i wasn't alone ......

The advantage of the Deus is its versatility once you hit a cleaner spot you can increase the sensitivity and hit deeper targets try to do that with a Tesoro and a 4" coil..

RR

RR,have a Trident11 Extreme from Dave at Pentecnics,just ordered a 5.75 Concentric coil for it for trash sites,its a nice light weight machine.

1 minute ago, RickUK said:

RR,have a Trident11 Extreme from Dave at Pentecnics,just ordered a 5.75 Concentric coil for it for trash sites,its a nice light weight machine.

The trident is lightweight and powerful the 5,75 Concentric is good but the DD oooo boy it is a beast of a coil,did you tried it by any chances???Also try to GB on discrimination and then you will unleash the raw power,maybe as deep as a Tejon and other GMP

RR

19 minutes ago, Rivers rat said:

The trident is lightweight and powerful the 5,75 Concentric is good but the DD oooo boy it is a beast of a coil,did you tried it by any chances???Also try to GB on discrimination and then you will unleash the raw power,maybe as deep as a Tejon and other GMP

RR

No not tried the DD coil,am wondering if i have ordered the wrong coil and should have gone for the WS rather than the Concentric one,think i may cancel it and go for the WS option.

Thanks for your input on that one.

5 minutes ago, RickUK said:

No not tried the DD coil,am wondering if i have ordered the wrong coil and should have gone for the WS rather than the Concentric one,think i may cancel it and go for the WS option.

Thanks for your input on that one.

Thats why Forums are for arent they:)

RR

RR,is it just deeper or better all round ??