When Your Wife Tells You To Go Detecting, Just Go!

Wow, congrats!
I never found a gold coin and probably never will ๐Ÿ˜…

How's the 13" feeling?

21 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Correct, it also says 1/10 oz on the coin which helps avoid having to do the math, too.ย  Not being good at math, I cheated and that's how I came up with 0.1 oz in my previous post.ย ย :laugh:

That would be great, but it looks from the photos to be gold plated brass or some other low value base metal.ย  Also, the 87 TID might indicate copper or brass base, as well. Let's see what CPT comes up with.ย  Nevertheless, gold coin pendant is a great find.

I tried checking the bezel markings again, but it's unclear what they are. It could be 14K, but I'm unsure at this time. So until I have confirmation on the the bezel, I'm going to say gold plated, perhaps.ย ๐Ÿค”

The total weight is 3.83 grams.

16 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Well there ya go, Cap. ๐Ÿ† Congratulations on a great find.

Opportunity and hunches often produce the best results.

So what are your initial impressions on the 13"?

Thanks, F350!

I love the 13x11" coil, thank you for recommending it! It doesn't feel like it is much more weight than the 11" coil and it definitely hits the goods!ย ๐Ÿ˜‰

ย 

10 hours ago, Sinclair said:

Wow, congrats!
I never found a gold coin and probably never will ๐Ÿ˜…

How's the 13" feeling?

Thanks, Sinclair! I have to say I really like the 13" coil. Even though I've only had it out one time in a local park, I have to say it swings really well and hit all the targets that the 11" does and maybe just a little deeper, but I wasn't testing depth. All in all, I couldn't be happier with it, even without the gold coin!ย ๐Ÿ˜Ž

I almost always do what my wife says.

When my wife says I should go detecting, I go detecting...

Way to go CPT_Ghostlight.

Like your new and more than worthyย profile photo CPT.I would have proudly changed mine as well.Congrats on your first gold coin!