Deus 2 V2 Vs. V0.71 (long)

I like the increased tightness of the TIDs.  Your test shows this in spades.   I can attest to the increased sensitivity especially on very small targets from my last beach hunt as I reported.

As for the bump sensitivity of V2.0, I would have to believe this comes with the enhanced overall sensitivity.  I’d also guess that XP will address this in V2.1….just a guess.  

A salute to you sir.  I for one very much appreciate your yeoman’s effort and believe this test of yours will definitely show those who may retain reservations of upgrading that there’s much more upside than downside to V2.0.

Good job soldier….. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 😁😁😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ColonelDan said:

I like the increased tightness of the TIDs.  Your test shows this in spades.   I can attest to the increased sensitivity especially on very small targets from my last beach hunt as I reported.

As for the bump sensitivity of V2.0, I would have to believe this comes with the enhanced overall sensitivity.  I’d also guess that XP will address this in V2.1….just a guess.  

A salute to you sir.  I for one very much appreciate your yeoman’s effort and believe this test of yours will definitely show those who may retain reservations of upgrading that there’s much more upside than downside to V2.0.

Good job soldier….. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 😁😁😁

Thanks Colonel,

I really don't like testing. It was a chore to do this in 40 degree weather with a wind. 😀

But you're right, there are so many new parameters you can change that only make the experience better. My new custom stuff does a much better job overall. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

My new custom stuff does a much better job overall. 

Mine too!!!👍🏻😊

• Like 1

Thank you for the detailed comparison, 350! All very interesting, especially how much tighter the IDs were. I think I’ll load 2.0 on my WS6 and compare it to .71 on my remote for a while. Thanks again!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rattlehead said:

Thank you for the detailed comparison, 350! All very interesting, especially how much tighter the IDs were. I think I’ll load 2.0 on my WS6 and compare it to .71 on my remote for a while. Thanks again!

Thanks Rattlehead, your caution is justified. 🙂 Looking forward to your input! 👍 

It was quite odd to hear the old program sounding exactly the same under the new operating system. Since none of the ID's and tones were too far off, I almost forgot which version I was using 🤪

For fun and extra laughs I also compared my newer V2 version of the Reaper to the old one, and there I really got the difference. I now know for a fact that I prefer the tones in High Square over Square, it sounds like a mashup of PWM and Square, giving you a lot more tonal expression. The old Reaper sounds like an Equinox save for an up/ down tone on some junk.

I don't use Offset Full tones, but crank audio filter to 5 to get even more distortion in the sound when not over a "pure" target, it helps a bit. I'm also wide open at disc -6.4 because iron is my friend during endless walking through huge fields. If there's nothing to bump, there's... Nothing, and I want to find the iron patches.

All my latest tweaks have come simply from finding an iffy target and fiddling with settings to get the truth out of it. I save that stuff. 🙂

• Like 2

F350, great post! If you are going to compare versions, that's the way to do it. I was out with V2.0 yesterday and also noticed the increased bump sensitivity. But it's not enough for me to be concerned about.

Cool button ! Can you ID the era?

So do you think the Reaper is back ?

Lodge

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lodge Scent said:

Cool button ! Can you ID the era?

So do you think the Reaper is back ?

Apparently it is a Federal Marine Corps button from the 1830s. Chase got me in the ballpark of the 1850s, and additional searching got me the name and the era in more than one place, so that's my story and I'm sticking to it. 😎 Chase had dug a larger one a few miles down the road. 😀

As to the Reaper, I'm pretty close to a new version on V2, far more conservative and accurate, but it's all out mayhem with no disc or notch.

Geologyhound posted something that jogged my memory regarding iron grunts with good coins, and I recall that behavior as well both on the beach and in the field. It's still a work in progress. 🙂

• Like 1

Thank you for all your effort!

I've installed V2 instantly after getting the detector - glad I did 🙂

• Like 2

It's very good to see some objectivity supporting what I already intuitively 'know' -  or perhaps you could just call it 'confirmation bias' (😁!).  I installed V2.0 as soon as it was available and would not go back to any other version.

I seem to remember reading Tom Dankowski, on his forum, suggesting - in a completely different context - that a certain amount of 'bump sensitivity' is a good thing.  I guess because it shows that the machine is working to the best of its capability.

• Like 3