Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

5 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

This is probably the most interesting thing I've ever done, and it's great for health.  It is odd that having been in other parts of the world and seeing some great history does not compare to bringing it home. ?

I can see where it's addictive like gambling without the constant risk of financial ruin unless I get too gear crazy. ? I think I have my detector. I'm hoping some day I'll find something that financially rewards my investment like others I know, apparently those things are a hard win.

Its a great hobby thats for sure..its the only one that actually pays back.  I got a late start as you...think I started back in 2014...Gold nuggets were the main focus and then I got into jewelry and relic hunting....Gear crazy lol I know what you mean...I lost count of how many detectors but been lucky to sell some of them and get some good value back..The gold machines are the most expensive so your lucky there are not many nugget places where you live lol...Keep posting Bob we like looking at your finds...I hope to find a Spanish cob some day so yea its inspiring...that gold coin might show up some day...

strick 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, strick said:

I hope to find a Spanish cob some day so yea its inspiring...that gold coin might show up some day...

Thanks strick. ? Your late start is 6 or 7 years before mine ?

From what I've been reading cobs and other Spanish silver are everywhere. There are some places that have more than others, but ya just gotta keep looking. Same for the gold I guess. Had to be even easier to lose except they weren't as frequently carried.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rattlehead said:

Wow! You guys are killing it! Great finds!

Thanks Rattlehead,

I'm thinking lately the finds are increasingly due to research and knowing the terrain, I for one am making "guesses" about where I might find the good stuff, and it tends to pan out. I also study whatever info I can get, be it topographic maps, aerials, and lidar imaging.

It also helps when one of us (usually Chase) finds an iron patch ?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to catch up on reading  so I use up all my likes and haven't really started yet ! 

Geeeze 350 , you killed it (again) this time ! ? 

The D2 is bending well to your control it seems . You get a new detector every time you fine tune a setting with some of these new rigs.  ? 

Wish one of those everywhere cobs would crawl under my coil uptah camp !  Ground a bit on the solid side right now for digging but considering detecting anyway and marking the snow over a target by spray painting a dot  for digging in April.

Need more permissions?  I think you just proved those permissions in your back yard aren't finished with this trip out.  Hunting where you already are is a way better return for hours spent overall .

Have you considered having a BBQ for owners of old farmlands , with demonstrations of how to learn more about the history of the ground they live on of course ????   ( I know , I probably spent too much time with those concert promoters didn't I ? ?)

My plan is the elusive yellow will come , just keep yer sad self goin'  !   

Do you think you could bury that little cob again and swing the nox over then tell me the settings  ! 

??‍☠️     

• Like 2