5 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Wow, F350, that Spanish cob is to die for! Congrats and well done my friend! 😎

Thanks Cap,

Wish it had a date on it, but lots of them don't. This one doesn't have any other ID marks which would place it accurately, but all the same I was happy to find one. 🙂

4 hours ago, JCR said:

Fantastic hunt.   Sounds like the site conditions were in you all’s favor but don’t discount you both knowing your machine and how to really use it.  Knowing your mud and how to daub it!

Thanks JCR,

The high ground got surface dried by the wind. There were ponds in the low spots. Under the surface was pretty saturated. Luckily here most of the sub surface soil is sandy.

It's always good to have stuff under the coil, more satisfying to get it out of undesirable stuff. 

56 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Hell yeah!   You are on a hot streak!   That cast, ornate buckle and cob are awesome!!

Thanks NC. Hope the streak continues, but I'll probably have to get creative, or get more land to search. 😀

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I'll probably have to get creative, or get more land to search. 😀

There’s a lot of land in Virginia Bob.  More than one man, even you, can hunt in one lifetime but knowing you, you’ll give a dang good try!!! 😁

7 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks NC. Hope the streak continues, but I'll probably have to get creative, or get more land to search. 😀

Well done and it sounds like you have the creative part in hand.  You can ignore that pesky iron so all the spots you can remember with iron are back in play again.  Can you imagine if you had been doing this 20 plus years?  You can't fret that, but you have a tool that will let you find what others could not.

Thanks for showing us the history and letting Chase tag along.

5 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

There’s a lot of land in Virginia Bob.  More than one man, even you, can hunt in one lifetime but knowing you, you’ll give a dang good try!!! 😁

Huh, out of likes, the forum must be busy. 🤔

My wife isn't too keen on me being gone a lot, she was there and did that in a prior marriage. 😬 There's more than enough land right here, but much of it is finite or just plain empty.

I've found it takes a bit of thought and patience to get the good places, never mind a way of persuading the landowners. Some here are generous, and it's worth inquiring with the most generous as to who else might let me do it. 🙂

4 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Well done and it sounds like you have the creative part in hand.  You can ignore that pesky iron so all the spots you can remember with iron are back in play again.  Can you imagine if you had been doing this 20 plus years?  You can't fret that, but you have a tool that will let you find what others could not.

Thanks for showing us the history and letting Chase tag along.

Thanks mn!

I'm hoping I have 20 more years to do this, but I'll take whatever cards are dealt, it's been a good life.

This is probably the most interesting thing I've ever done, and it's great for health.  It is odd that having been in other parts of the world and seeing some great history does not compare to bringing it home. 😎

I can see where it's addictive like gambling without the constant risk of financial ruin unless I get too gear crazy. 🤣 I think I have my detector. I'm hoping some day I'll find something that financially rewards my investment like others I know, apparently those things are a hard win.

As for Chase, it's great to have a knowledgeable mentor and detecting companion, I don't mind hunting alone but he doesn't tag 😀 I wouldn't get the results I do if I didn't have someone to bounce wild theories off of, and in turn, while he has to travel some great distance from his locked down city, he gets a shot at it too.

Here it is pretty easy to get great things if you can get your coil over them. That is the hard part.

5 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

This is probably the most interesting thing I've ever done, and it's great for health.  It is odd that having been in other parts of the world and seeing some great history does not compare to bringing it home. 😎

I can see where it's addictive like gambling without the constant risk of financial ruin unless I get too gear crazy. 🤣 I think I have my detector. I'm hoping some day I'll find something that financially rewards my investment like others I know, apparently those things are a hard win.

Its a great hobby thats for sure..its the only one that actually pays back.  I got a late start as you...think I started back in 2014...Gold nuggets were the main focus and then I got into jewelry and relic hunting....Gear crazy lol I know what you mean...I lost count of how many detectors but been lucky to sell some of them and get some good value back..The gold machines are the most expensive so your lucky there are not many nugget places where you live lol...Keep posting Bob we like looking at your finds...I hope to find a Spanish cob some day so yea its inspiring...that gold coin might show up some day...

strick 

9 hours ago, strick said:

I hope to find a Spanish cob some day so yea its inspiring...that gold coin might show up some day...

Thanks strick. 🙂 Your late start is 6 or 7 years before mine 😀

From what I've been reading cobs and other Spanish silver are everywhere. There are some places that have more than others, but ya just gotta keep looking. Same for the gold I guess. Had to be even easier to lose except they weren't as frequently carried.