Website Rollback - New Update ×

Scouting A New Field And Testing Stuff, Got Another Silver Coin.

Very nice…..yet again!   ???  When your weather warms up, I suspect you’ll find a lot more on that piece of ground.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ColonelDan said:

Very nice…..yet again!   ???  When your weather warms up, I suspect you’ll find a lot more on that piece of ground.

Thanks Colonel, it's going to be a week before we see the 50s again, may dust off my electric heated gear and get out there. We're only going to get about an inch of snow so it should go away fast.

5 minutes ago, fogrider said:

Congratulations on the half dime! I have a feeling that field's going to be good to you.

Thanks Fogrider,

I sure hope so, more walking than finding, but scouting identifies the hot spots to come back to. I'm hoping my detecting buddy will get a Trime now that I got the bigger coin out of the way ?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

20240115_080342.thumb.jpg.ff4e1decfc32d61071c39264753d9105.jpg20240115_080403.thumb.jpg.9c71d2eed877736ad5c314feb8f11c41.jpg

Nice hunt 350 dont know why but that doodad reminds me of part of a ram rod holder on a flint lock or maybe part of a knife due to the engravings...

strick

20160207_095658.jpeg

20160207_095717 (1).jpeg

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, strick said:

Nice hunt 350 dont know why but that doodad reminds me of part of a ram rod holder on a flint lock or maybe part of a knife due to the engravings...

strick

Thanks!

I was thinking it might be a brass decoration for an old rifle, mainly because of the tab. ?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Damn son!  You’re making me jealous ?

Sorry, NC. Weather good enough down there to get out? I'm covering some new ground, so it's pretty likely I'll find something. ? 

Just when we think you are done for the winter you just keep digging up the history.

Great finds and please take it easy out there.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Thanks 1