I’m Thinking Of Getting Another D2 But…

NCtoad

I’m thinking of getting another D2 package.  I’d like to keep the one I have now set up for water hunting.  Then I’d like to get a new setup just for land hunting with 9” coil, shaft, remote and wsa2 headphones.  I’m also thinking of getting the 13” coil to add to that package.  I have never used the puck in place of the remote so I don’t need or want that…just want the remote. Anyone else have separate setups for land and water hunting?   I’ll probably pull the trigger on this in late spring/early summer.  

12 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Anyone else have separate setups for land and water hunting?  

Yes.  I have a beach water rig set up using the excellent SteveG CF shaft system because I only use one coil for that system (I split the difference using an 11" coil) and then I don't have to break it down and mess with the antenna etc. and have just my Beach/Water custom programs entered. 

I primarily use the stock shaft setup for land hunting with my relic and coin shooting custom programs entered in and swap 9" and 13" coils as needed for the situation.

I just swap remotes if I want to use the CF water rig on land or if relic hunting freshwater inland waterways and land during a single outing.

Look for deals on lightly used units for sale that periodically pop up in the DP classifieds or elsewhere online.  The 5 year warranty transfers.

My set up is similar to Chase’s rig.  I keep the 11” on both my water D2 and my beach/land D2 but I always have the 9” at the ready.  
My remotes are mirror images of each other so I can swap them out seamlessly.  
I’ve never used the WS6 as the master and don’t intend to.

Works for me….

I’m also looking to pick up a used unit with 11” coil and just the remote. I mainly want it for testing purposes such as comparing different versions. I could do that now using my WS6, but just prefer the remote due to ease of use. I was originally just going to buy a new RC, but then realized that I’ve seen complete used Deus 2’s for around that same price. I’ve been wanting an 11” coil anyway, so makes more sense to go that route. I’m not in any hurry, so I’ll wait until I see another really good deal pop up. 

I got a second RC in case my first one ever has a problem, which it did 🙄  Now I've got the new one on the stock shaft with the RCDIGS mount, and am waiting for the SteveG RCDIGS mount for his rig. Meantime his standard mount is fine.

I have the 9" on the stock shaft with the XP carbon fiber lower, I like the way the trapezoid moves in the water. The 13" is my main coil, with the 11" in my backpack vest should I get tired of swinging the 13", or find it wasn't charged enough.

I have 2 WS6 units too, in case I want to go really light.

I paid full price, people seem to be keeping their D2's of late 😏

14 hours ago, NCtoad said:

I’d like to keep the one I have now set up for water hunting.  Then I’d like to get a new setup just for land hunting with 9” coil, shaft,

Like others here. I have one remote and two custom shafts with the 9" and 13" coils. Very easy to switch the remote. 😎