Early Field Review Of AlgoForce E1500

27 minutes ago, Aureous said:

Home and test patch trials are one thing....and so far it appears that the E1500 is not a 6000 beater.

That has been said about the Axiom and generally is correct, for me (other than price) the E1500 is like the Axiom, full settings control plus the big draw card the E1500 takes the biggest range of available coils and uses USB power banks to power. Now Xcoil, NF, Coiltek etc will further the increase gains we know aftermarket coils can give in stability, depth, sensitivity and useability. Nothing I`ve seen about the E1500 with home tests leads me to believe otherwise so far.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Dont get me wrong the 6Ks presently the go on field results for this old codger. I am no ML knocker, they have made my life.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Norvic said:

I am no ML knocker, they have made my life.

Same, my only gripe is their pricing. But their products have made me some serious money over the years so my gripe is somewhat muted lol. I just wanna know is the E1500 an actual worthy purchase to make some more $$ from my locally thrashed patches....

• Like 4

6 hours ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

Nenad,

thanks for putting all this together, very informative and interesting.

Would you recommend that the 14x9”Evo is a good all around coil option for this detector and its timings considering the ground conditions you detect in there.

Early days so far, but I'm starting to feel that may be the best option for the use of Fine. For Ultra Fine which is capable of tiny specks, a smaller coil will probably still be better. But in areas with zippy hotrocks, a 14x9" Evo in Fine is will be a lot easier to handle than a Sadie in Ultra Fine. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Aureous said:

Same, my only gripe is their pricing. But their products have made me some serious money over the years so my gripe is somewhat muted lol. I just wanna know is the E1500 an actual worthy purchase to make some more $$ from my locally thrashed patches....

ML will remain the tech leader for now, and it might not be fair to compare a $1500 detector with their flagship gold machines. Rather, the AlgoForce will be a great low-cost entry PI with reasonable performance, but with huge added benefit of "coil freedom". So, a standalone detector on its own rights. More interesting will be what is coming next. However, it will be a tall order to meet/beat the performance of the 6k and 7k, but they could be up for it eventually. But for now, Bruce Candy is still winning when it comes to cutting edge performance (from all that is reported thus far), albeit it comes at its price.  🙂

GC

• Like 5

On 2/3/2024 at 3:59 PM, Gold Catcher said:

ML will remain the tech leader for now, and it might not be fair to compare a $1500 detector with their flagship gold machines. Rather, the AlgoForce will be a great low-cost entry PI with reasonable performance, but with huge added benefit of "coil freedom". So, a standalone detector on its own rights. More interesting will be what is coming next. However, it will be a tall order to meet/beat the performance of the 6k and 7k, but they could be up for it eventually. But for now, Bruce Candy is still winning when it comes to cutting edge performance (from all that is reported thus far), albeit it comes at its price.  🙂

GC

For me, the only performance the AF E1500 has to compete with match or beat is the SDC2300.

It totally beats it for coil selection, having a display and good settings adjustments and most of all ergonomics and price.

Anything more than that is definitely icing on the cake.

The SDC2300 has it beaten for being waterproof. Maybe AlgoForce will take the next mythical step and waterproof the E1500 into an All Terrain version.

Comparing it to a 5000 to 8000 US dollar detector as far as overall performance is way beyond its scope in my opinion.

Using the appropriate coils, if it can easily detect 0.03 gram flakes or even smaller and also hit a 5 gram US nickel at 18 to 20" and maybe even identify it with a conductivity target ID.......I will be impressed.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/threads/algoforce-e1500-new-pi-detector-from-ex-minelab-engineer.42049/page-2#post-676638

There’s another report on the Aussie forum describing how well the conductivity target ID is working on this E1500 PI. Also mentioned is some comparisons of different detectors on a range of targets.

here is the most recent Australian report:

• Like 3

Early days but the E1500 is in my competition as the Axiom is, but I`m a virgin eluvial patch hunter and the smallest of flakes/species nearly always lead to more, what an old codger can swing with good concentration for the hours required to find that first flake is my main consideration, thus criteria changes not only from person to person expectations but by their age as well as their field/ground. The Z is easier to swing than its predecessors, the 6K than the Axiom, along come the E1500, well it is like swinging an Equinox but is a Pi.

Some of those virgin patches have been found in close where ones been over many times previously but with detectors that weren`t capable of getting those first flakes. The 6K found one such extensive close in patch in its early days as before it the Z and so back did most the others. True some will be upset with their purchase and dismiss it eg. as the Axiom has been dismissed, that has been so since year one. Ahhh different expectations/perspectives😉 

• Like 9

50 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Based on the testing shown in the link, the E1500 with NF 12" EVO in Fine Gold will hit a 20c Aussie coin at 290mm (~11.4 inches). A 20c AUD coin weighs about the same as a US half dollar (~11 grams). This should be improved in Normal or Large Gold timing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Setting this up as the E1500 must beat a detector that sells for three times as much is pie in the sky dreaming. "Make old patches come alive." Yeah, right. Just go use the 6000 and be happy.

Price is utterly irrelevant, as we all know, Minelab could sell the 6000 for the same price as the E1500 and still make money. A lot less money, but there's a profit still there. A couple Aussie reports are already saying that the E1500 can hear tiny or weirdly shaped gold that the 6000 cannot. So, it seems is isn't a dream after all. 

In my region of say 10km radius, there are about a dozen good operators with GPX6000's. Even tiny gold is getting very hard to find and I gotta drive more distance, use more fuel and hope I can make a profit. ANY tool that gives me the edge and brings home the $$ so I can eat and prospect another day is a major win for me. If that tool happens to be 1/3 the cost of the machine I am currently using, I couldn't care less. All that reinforces is that Minelab have been over-pricing their machines to us all since day dot. 

To be fair, the 6000 still makes me happy. Its kept me fed and the bills paid. But, if I get a detector that allows me to spend less $$ on fuel and find more local gold, I am even happier 🙂  

• Like 7