Axiom Gold Video

• 2 weeks later...

If I had just one to keep it would be the GPZ. If I had just one to buy it would for sure be the Axiom. 🤠

GC

Thanks Steve for the video recommendation. Here's another one I just did this morning. The more I use the Axiom the more I like it. It's a well rounded PI for relic hunting, gold hunting and beach hunting.

You have captured a response that most don't get.  Thank you. 

14 minutes ago, abenson said:

Thanks Steve for the video recommendation. Here's another one I just did this morning. The more I use the Axiom the more I like it. It's a well rounded PI for relic hunting, gold hunting and beach hunting.

Many years ago I asked on several different forums what do deep nuggets sound like.  Audio was hard to capture then.  I didn't know to listen to the 'broad' sound and could only hear the sharp nuggets.  I didn't do the proper amount of 'limit' testing you are showing here.  I didn't take the time to bury nuggets out of range.  I'm sure my detectors saw targets and I passed right over them.  Beach sounds aren't quite the same at depth.

Thanks mn90403 I find it useful to test targets buried in the ground and often test multiple detectors on the same targets that way I can find the strength and weakness of each. Then I know what to expect when I'm in the field.

Hi everyone, I have been using the Axiom now for 6 months in Arizona and can tell you it can detect very small nuggets or micro if you will in really mineralized ground, I am not new to detecting for gold, been at it for 25 years and mainly used Minelab detectors and still do, just not recently thanks to the Axiom. The pic of the 0.6 grain nugget was found last weekend in hot ground at about 1 inch and soft but clearly audible in the threshold, I was in manual ground balance and it was reading at 53/60. The pic of all the nuggets range in size from 1.1 gram to the 0.6 grain all found with the 11in. mono coil. Thank you and happy hunting.

thumbnail_20240210_085650.jpg

thumbnail_20240205_153640.jpg

thumbnail_20240205_154251.jpg

47 minutes ago, Ram79 said:

The pic of all the nuggets range in size from 1.1 gram to the 0.6 grain...

For those not used to non-metric units, 0.6 grain = 0.04 gram.  Impressive performance IMO.

yep, when 0.03 of a gram is tapping out PI small gold performance from what I've seen they're good finds and a demonstration of the Axiom's ability.

Hi phrunt, thank you for your post. I now have hundreds of hours on the Axiom and can say it is very capable on all sizes of gold big and small in all ground types. I went over this same spot many times with my sdc and missed the two smallest nuggets in the pic. I am not saying the Axiom is the best out there but if you learn its language I have no doubt it can keep up with the big dogs. I just wish there would be a selection of aftermarket coils, I think that limits this machine a bit in performance and sales, but that is when you would see the Axiom really shine. I guess I will just keep dreaming lol.