Axiom Gold Video

As long as the nugget has the right shape and mass the Axiom can see some pretty small stuff. At .03 grams you are about at it's limit. I've got quite a few nuggets in the .02 to .04 gram size I've tried with the Axiom and about half of them it will see and the other half it won't. The Axiom pretty much blows the 4500/5000 away on the small stuff and is way nicer to swing.

• Like 5

I like almost everything about the Axiom except its price 😉

Thanks for the information on small nuggets with it as to me that's a keen point of interest, I appreciate your videos Abenson as I can easily translate that in my melon to how it would perform for me more so than someone's words, sadly it's a detector I'll highly likely never own as it's price is frankly ridiculous in New Zealand, I am hoping the new kid on the block forces Garrett to take a look into their pricing structure and adjust accordingly as I'd like to try one out at least, and I know nobody around here is going to buy one to let me have a little play with it for the same reason I'll never buy one, price!

It's lack of aftermarket coil support is also a bit of a downer, and those that were going to make them have backed out for now, the positive there is at least Garrett have quite a good range themselves.

It's also Garretts first attempt at a modern high performance sensitive PI, so I look forward to seeing their future products, at least they're firmly back in the game now.  Let's hope they don't do an AT Series and try sell it for the next 20+ years.

• Like 4

Even though there is a comparison of AXIOM from several detectors..- maybe it's good if I post it here because it complements Andrew's previous Video Axiom ... on the same targets...

• Like 2

The Axiom did well, especially seeing it was running DD's.

I'm still of the opinion that if you own a 6000 then you don't need an Axiom and also the other way around.

• Like 1

I've been doing a lot of testing between the 4500, 6000 & Axiom over the last month or so. What I'm seeing is the 6000 is better on small gold up to about the .50 gram point. From .50 grams and up they are pretty equal until the targets really start getting deep, then the Axiom is doing better. Both machines are limited by coils at this point. Smaller coil on the Axiom and it may be right on par with the 6000 on small gold. Same goes for big deep gold. If a bigger coil was available for the 6000, it might be right on par with the Axiom. Now mind you this is not backed by actual in field wild targets, but I still think it's a pretty good reflection of actual conditions.

I will say for the range of metal detecting I do with a PI, which includes gold prospecting, beach hunting and relic hunting, the Axiom is the best overall.

• Like 7