A Long Awaited AlgoForce E1500 Video

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've made another video, this one I'm not making public on Youtube and just having it as an unlisted video as it needs context, I went back behind my house to the river where I was in the first video, but there is an offshoot creek that's surrounded by willows and other bush that made it a bit easier to get out of the wind, the creek was partially dried out so worked well for shelter so hopefully the winds better in this one.

Now the reason it needs context is the Algoforce speaker isn't as loud as the GPX 6000 speaker, and the 6000 has really boosted audio on targets, making them sound a lot better, much like if I connected the Steelphase SP01 to the Algoforce it would have the same loud target sounds.  I think in wind like this I would benefit from putting on my aptX LL transmitter and using the Avantree Torus, so I'll be doing this for detecting tomorrow as no doubt the hot wind will still be about.  The pinpoint is very loud with the threshold as high as it is, I've since used my Torus neckband with aptX LL transmitter and pinpoints a much nicer volume.

I run both detectors over the targets sitting on the ground, I think the GPX 6000 did better, but not $6000 better if you know what I mean 😉  I think it averaged an inch or so deeper overall with all targets combined.  Some were so close to the same as an estimation while others it did a fair bit better.  Obviously, this is just swinging a coil in the air with no measurements, so means next to nothing other than the detectors were able to respond on them and how well they sounded on them in that circumstance.

This is also a 10" coil vs a 12x7" coil, so next time I'll use a smaller coil on the Algoforce, I've not even tried any other coils yet, the X-coils 12x6" semi spiral is probably the closest fit, almost the same as the 12x7" so it would be good to use that combination.

My Sadie hasn't arrived yet, it was quicker to get the Algoforce from Australia than the Sadie from 3 hours' drive away, nuts! but I don't expect it to be better than any of the spirals for sensitivity anyway.  Either way, a lot of coils need tested out on it yet to work out the optimal coil for small gold, the 10" was just the first one I threw on it as I really like that coil.

I think once I get away from the powerlines if I can crank that gain up on the Algoforce it's going to be a pretty good small gold weapon.  It was a bit ratty in the video from the powerlines and my really high threshold trying to make it louder to overcome the wind, and running the gain at 26 out of 30.  I think If I had headphones or the Torus  I could put the gain more in the low 20's and get the rock stable threshold, with a much lower threshold volume and have a nicer running machine with the same sensitivity to the gold, I just did this to try make it easier to hear in the wind.

In the video I do a basic Target ID test on a coin by showing the ID of the coin, then I bury it in the gravels and show the Target ID, rock solid stable and correct, pretty impressive.  I think I'm going to love this detector on the beach with a bigger coil.

I really think for the price this thing is a game changer, it's going to allow so many people to move onto a PI and take up serious gold detecting without breaking the bank.  The beach/relic type people I think will appreciate it too, I'm going to love it on the beaches here where VLF's struggle with black sand.

The thing I didn't even think about is this river is full of hot rocks, I didn't notice any.  That's not saying it's immune, the hot rocks in this river play havoc with VLF's but PI's can handle a majority of these ones fine.  We'll see once I get to gold country how it goes there.

3 minutes ago, Lost Scout said:

Wow! Did not expect it to hit gold that small. Waiting to see what you have to say about depth.

Ditto

Thanks Simon!!!!!

What a nice looking and sounding PI.

Looks like you could swing it with one finger and thumb and with a loose grip.

How is the USB battery connection and battery consumption.

It seemed to have no problems hitting a couple of those NZ flakes that appeared to be 0.03 grams or smaller.

Awesome.

I think it will hit down to 0.03 of a gram scrubbing the coil using the 10" coil, I've not tried smaller coils yet or any other coils obviously so once I do I maybe even more impressed, but yes, I'm impressed it is doing this well, I didn't expect it.    The smallest tested was 0.04 of a gram, my scales are very accurate which puts them at a disadvantage for a small gold finder, less accurate scales up-average making you think your gold is bigger than it is 🙂

The Target ID is a really cool feature.  My battery should last over 20 hours!!!! I've drawn nothing off it yet.

Here are the test nuggets

IMG_1520.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1522.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

5 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I think it will hit down to 0.03 of a gram scrubbing the coil using the 10" coil

That's pretty impressive, especially for the price point.

2 minutes ago, Ndplumr said:

That's pretty impressive, especially for the price point.

Yes, and it definitely hits nuggets the GPX 5000 doesn't, or should I say flakes 😛 I'm very impressed, for the price its very good from what I've seen so far.  

A few of the ones in this section the GPX 5000 can't hit at all.  I'll do a video between the two at some point in the next few days, tomorrow I intend to go looking for gold and the next day likely the beach so I'll be a bit busy.

I think it's going to be a hit, a great way for people to get into prospecting without spending massive money and not being left all that far behind, and in some ways like the 5000 being ahead on small and prickly bits of gold.

29 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Here are the test nuggets

Ummmm....test specks <Reg Approves> 😉 

Thanks Simon.  You do your testing.

You can't respond here and test at the same time.

1 minute ago, Aureous said:

Ummmm....test specks <Reg Approves> 😉 

Let's see what Reg uses to test his!