Why Is A $1500 Pi Even Being Talked About?

6 hours ago, phrunt said:

I think the people that can't afford a GPX 6000 or 7000 are going to end up with a pretty good detector for their money with the Algoforce,

What would you estimate the total market to be for the E1500?  Is it 10,000, 25,000, 50,000 units or more?  How many of us want one now?  How many of 'us' are there?

I don't know how many 800s sold or 7000s or 5000s or XPs or any detectors including Bounty Hunters.  I'd probably be surprised.  Everyone is saying that this E1500 (is it named after this original $1500 US price?) is more affordable and will have a bigger market.  It is all good.  

I wonder for a couple of reasons.  One is just how much of a task is it to contract up the manufacturing and the second is related ... when will that mean there will be one of these detectors available that I can buy?  If there is going to be a long waiting list (already is) and the number of units produced per month is low then it could be a long time before most of us get one, right?  Even longer than just the FCC approvals.

• Like 1

"Why Is A $1500 Pi Even Being Talked About?"

Because that's a fair price? GPZ, after having such a long run, can't possibly cost more than $1000 to produce. The industry is dominated by a monopolistic cabal.

AlgoForce has a simple business plan:
1. Sell a PI detector at a fair price resulting in such demand the factory cannot even keep up.
2. Accept Minelab's offer to buy AlgoForce.
3. Start collecting mansions and yachts

For us, it's a great time to get one or two PI detectors.

Once Minelab owns AlgoForce, they'll neaten up the package and the units will be priced at $3500.

Would be great if AlgoForce would remain in the market and outside of the price fixing club. They should also jump into the coil aftermarket.  The result would be honest pricing from the big brands.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, FarTraveller said:

"Why Is A $1500 Pi Even Being Talked About?"

Because that's a fair price? GPZ, after having such a long run, can't possibly cost more than $1000 to produce. The industry is dominated by a monopolistic cabal.

AlgoForce has a simple business plan:
1. Sell a PI detector at a fair price resulting in such demand the factory cannot even keep up.
2. Accept Minelab's offer to buy AlgoForce.
3. Start collecting mansions and yachts

For us, it's a great time to get one or two PI detectors.

Once Minelab owns AlgoForce, they'll neaten up the package and the units will be priced at $3500.

Would be great if AlgoForce would remain in the market and outside of the price fixing club. They should also jump into the coil aftermarket.  The result would be honest pricing from the big brands.

Obviously they do not need mine lab involved, from what I am seeing and reading they will do OK with out Mine labs Greedy Butt's involved, the only reason mine lab would get involved is to kill it and keep doing what they have been doing, keeping prices high and out of reach of the average detectorist and keep trying to monopolize the market. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Detectorists and dealers can be a competitive lot and few of us hold a grudge, but we have long memories of hunts gone by.  Sharing some of that knowledge and passing it on to others is a personal choice.  Many don't share.

From my perspective Rob, Gerry, Steve, JP, Norvic, Simon and many others share a lot.  It makes us all better to hear different perspectives about different areas.

We're potentially fighting over the last scraps of gold so let's get out there and get some.

• Like 9

There is a lot more than scraps out there, just need the legs, turn ya bloody blinkers off and a good touch of the sun.🤪

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

On 2/7/2024 at 6:37 PM, Gold Ryder said:

Come on 8000 show yourself.  One of the beauty things about PI detectors is they keep the masses out of the price range.  I see the Algo as good for the dealer's but not so good for the crowds in places that are already being crowded.  Give me 8000 let it punch to the earths core.  I’ll dig it. 

I’ll take this a little off topic but I’ve been detecting for decades and I’d say my usual districts seemed to peak about 15 years ago. Used to be 2-3 campers every weekend out there. I’ve been out 6 times this winter and only seen one. I don’t think people are interested in getting out as much anymore. Biggest reason being it’s a lot harder to find gold these days for most. If a detector came out that truly stepped up like the gp 2000 did then I think that’d change but nothing new seems to make finding new gold patches much easier. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1