To All Detector Manufacturers

It almost seems like I'm the only one with issues with these companies.  And that's not a bad thing. I'm actually glad to hear most people have good experiences with them. If @steve herschbach would like to remove this post, I am fine with that. My issues will work themselves out, and honestly I don't want to hurt any company that does a good job for the majority of their customers.  My issues may be big misunderstandings, along with lack of communication. And I feel wrong for starting this thread.  

• Like 1

Companies are more likely to listen when they are called out on public forums. 

Good points Steve.

The time has long passed where out of courtesy we don't name names when there are manufacturer problems.

Some of them don't give a damn, but their potential customers will. It gives buyers clearer purchasing options.

Stating  the issue respectfully and in detail and yes, being specific about the manufacturer, is part of the reason

Detector Prospector exists at the level it does.

Opinion only, of course...

• Like 5

Topic has been edited to reflect the companies I had issues with. It originally really wasn't intended to call just those 2 companies out, but it seems that maybe that's what this post needs to get it's point across.  And yes, I did take the time to contact them both. 

• Like 3

Well having been a dealer for 35 years if you gave me your money to order a coil that is advertised as having a coil cover I'd have got you the coil cover. And then I'd have beaten it out of the manufacturer on my own, not dump it on you. Or eaten it as I did many times because my customers are my customers, not the manufacturers customers. But if it's advertised on the website as having a cover they would cough it up, I have no doubt of that.

FYI for anyone dealing with Garrett email is not their forte. Call the 800 number and talk to Rusty.

• Like 5

My dealer had a tracking number for the cover within hrs of my inquiry about it. I honestly thought it was mistakenly not put in the box, until after my dealer told me what his distributor passed on to him.  Honestly,  the cover is not what set me off. Ironically, the fact that the new coil worked way better than expected, is what irritated me. It proved to me that I was in fact right that the coil I sent in for inspection and replacement if needed, is obviously faulty. And since I went through great lengths and paid money for that service, but was not taken serious, it cost me more money to get my atx working as it should. That cost would have been covered by the seller I bought it from, if garrett would have done what they were asked and paid to do originally. 

18 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Well having been a dealer for 35 years if you gave me your money to order a coil that is advertised as having a coil cover I'd have got you the coil cover. And then I'd have beaten it out of the manufacture on my own, not dump it on you. Or eaten it as I did many time because my customers are my customers, not the manufacturers customers. But if it's advertised on the website as having a cover they would cough it up, I have no doubt of that.

FYI for anyone dealing with Garrett email is not their forte. Call the 800 number and talk to Rusty.

I have ordered two Coils from Garrett for the Axiom both coils were delivered directly from Garrett and both came with no coil covers so both times i placed a call and told them I wanted those coil covers because it plainly states on their web site coil covers are included, couple days later I had my coil covers and was satisfied, emails get lost so a phone call is always best, to Garrett

• Like 4

the thing that shocked me is when I called Garrett and talked to Rusty, I ask him if they sold the Coil mounting hardware for the Axiom, Rusty stated yes they do but you probably will not like the price of them, LOL so I asked how much are those three little pieces, thinking they cannot be much over $5-$8, Rusty kind of laughed, and states those three little parts are like $33.99, I said are you kidding me or what and i said are they made of gold LOL Rusty stated that's what they are charging for that one bolt and two little rubber washers, (i could not believe it), then a few days later I get a package from Garrett and Rusty had sent me a set of the coil mounting hardware one bolt and two rubber washes, Needless to say I have those three little parts in my safe so I do not loose them

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

those three little parts are like $33.99

If your ever in a pinch, most hardware stores carry a nylon bolt assortment 

• Like 5