On The Beach

Some amazing finds,very well done and the Manticore certainly seems to be working well for you,because i live so far inland i tend not to do much beach detecting.Once again very well done.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, stupot said:

and especially the 1887 3 pence stuck in the clay in 'keep' condition.

Never heard that term but absolutely understand it -- what high quality for such a find!  I know you explained a couple items in the top photo but do you mind covering the remainder?  I'm not very familiar with coins from your area so can't tell just by looking at the photo.  Everything you show (except the bottom photo), coins or otherwise, has me salivating.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Never heard that term but absolutely understand it -- what high quality for such a find!  I know you explained a couple items in the top photo but do you mind covering the remainder?  I'm not very familiar with coins from your area so can't tell just by looking at the photo.  Everything you show (except the bottom photo), coins or otherwise, has me salivating.

From the bottom left to right coins. 2 Georgian, one of silver, an queen Elizabeth silver jubilee crown. In the middle coins are queen Victoria silver shilling at the side is a silver threepence from the 30's. Above is a ww1 French 5 centimes and at the side is an indian head!

I find a lot of foreign coin s in this area, including quite a few early USA ones. I'll put up some photos of those along the way. This beach was an extemely busy port area for ships for a couple of hundred years.

Any information on  the brass tag would be welcome.

Many thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

2 minutes ago, stupot said:

From the bottom left to right coins. 2 Georgian, one of silver, an queen Elizabeth silver jubilee crown. In the middle coins are queen Victoria silver shilling at the side is a silver threepence from the 30's. Above is a ww1 French 5 centimes and at the side is an indian head!

I find a lot of foreign coin s in this area, including quite a few early USA ones. I'll put up some photos of those along the way. This beach was an extemely busy port area for ships for a couple of hundred years.

Many thanks

2 Georgian  should read Halfcrowns, a 50c size coin

11 minutes ago, stupot said:

Someone here (e.g. @F350Platinum ) will likely figure it out.  I did a quick google images search under WWI dog tags but I don't think it's that.  Is there some printing around the hole, and if so can you decipher it?

Heh got nothing on the tag,  but I like the Cracker Jack Warship ~1920s 👍

First US dog tags looked like this ~1860s:Henry_Correll_Dog_Tags.jpg.b0bf3f1477a64229cf26171543648d13.jpg

That might be a destination tag or something 🤔 

Thanks for some unusual finds! 🏆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great silver. I like the dog and other item.

• Thanks 1