Where Are All The In-field Reviews Of The E1500???

I don't know why anyone is expecting a $2000 detector to do better than a $9000 and $10,000 detector and pull stuff out of flogged patches with them.  It might find the odd bit but it's not going to be a game changer in that scenario.  The Target ID may help in the trashier areas to come out with something too.

The idea I think behind the E1500 is to bring a very cheap detector to market for people that don't want to pay the high pricing of those detectors yet still have a rather large percentage of the performance of them on the bread-and-butter smaller gold most people are finding.  

If your idea of buying it is because you want it to do better than your GPZ or GPX 6000, you're wasting your money.

They're already beyond the first batch too, I've got a second one being shipped to me at the moment from another batch for a friend that lives in a country they can't ship too, he's picking it up in NZ on his holiday here in a few weeks.

I think it's a fantastic detector and has great coin, jewellery and beach appeal which I can't say that about the 6000 or 7000, so it offers something there too, but it's not going to destroy the 7000 or 6000 on old patches, although if the 7000's using the stock coil or NF 12" I'd give the E1500 the edge on some smaller gold.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

I don't know why anyone is expecting a $2000 detector to do better than a $9000 and $10,000 detector and pull stuff out of flogged patches with them.  It might find the odd bit but it's not going to be a game changer in that scenario.  The Target ID may help in the trashier areas to come out with something too.

The idea I think behind the E1500 is to bring a very cheap detector to market for people that don't want to pay the high pricing of those detectors yet still have a rather large percentage of the performance of them on the bread-and-butter smaller gold most people are finding.  

If your idea of buying it is because you want it to do better than your GPZ or GPX 6000, you're wasting your money.

They're already beyond the first batch too, I've got a second one being shipped to me at the moment from another batch for a friend that lives in a country they can't ship too, he's picking it up in NZ on his holiday here in a few weeks.

I think it's a fantastic detector and has great coin, jewellery and beach appeal which I can't say that about the 6000 or 7000, so it offers something there too, but it's not going to destroy the 7000 or 6000 on old patches, although if the 7000's using the stock coil or NF 12" I'd give the E1500 the edge on some smaller gold.

It’s not $2000, it’s $2300 plus a battery plus a coil etc. I’m still waiting on mine, I’ll buy one because I’m a metal detector tragic and they’re cheap enough for a bit of play. I just couldn't justify an Axiom in Australian dollars!! 

From my Algo expectations perspective, I’m already in the boat described above because I view my GPX 6000 in the same light compared to the 7000 which is my everyday machine. I only put the 6000 on when I want to muck around and have some fun, so with the Algo when I get it I’ll just be targeting ground where a very early sampling PI has an advantage, they don’t have smooth so why go into nasty variable high X ground? 🤪

I have numbers of locations ideal for a nice little light weight thing-a-me-bob like this and I look forward to pinging a few tiny bits in low mineral ground that gives all the VLFs conniption's due to the MANY MANY hot rocks driving you ka-boing ka-boing nuts. 😂 

JP

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

It’s not $2000, it’s $2300 plus a battery plus a coil etc. I’m still waiting on mine, I’ll buy one because I’m a metal detector tragic and they’re cheap enough for a bit of play. I just couldn't justify an Axiom in Australian dollars!! 

I rounded off the small change on all the numbers 🙂

Batteries can be had for as little as $30 so that's insignificant too and you can use it for other purposes outside of detecting like charging your phone so it's' a multipurpose investment, not specific to the detector, and in my case at least I didn't need to buy coils, although adding a coil like the Sadie on isn't going to break the bank and I couldn't resist buying one for the Algo, I just hope Sadie supply can keep up with demand for those wanting one as it's a pretty good coil on it, although the spirals are more sensitive and I'd only use the Sadie for the size.  Not sure how that translates to people in bad ground, they may prefer the less sensitive Sadie over a Spiral? 

It's within the price range it can be purchased for a bit of fun, VLF pricing really.  I bought one for that reason, it's not like I needed it although the more I use it the more I see its potential for purposes outside of gold prospecting.

I also think of the 7000 as the everyday machine (Not that I use it every day, or even close) and the 6000 the take out when I feel like it or need the lighter machine, I just yesterday took the 6000 as it shrinks down small for a backpack hike, I'm sitting here now with jelly legs and can barely walk from the big mountain hike yesterday, picked 3 little bits with the 6000 and 12x7" NF though so for me at least that's some success.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

Hi mate. When did your mate order or get on the list for that one please? 

Just now, Taz said:

Hi mate. When did your mate order or get on the list for that one please? 

I think straight away when I first got mine.

• Like 1

Just now, phrunt said:

I think straight away when I first got mine.

Thanks. Friend just messaged me this morning that the wait times blown out to the middle of April on a parts wait. Which should translate to nothing till May by the time they're used and detector sent! That will make it 3 months for me if im lucky. Thats longer than the 2000 was. I can't help but feel they underestimated the logistics of it all.  

Most of us are used to the waits with Minelab VLF's, waiting a year for them to get stock of detectors and coils isn't even unusual with them, I believe people are still trying to get coils that were released a long time ago now for the Manticore as they trickle them out to dealers in batches of 3 😛

I don't think Algoforce expected the popularity, although it was an untapped market, a cheaper good performing PI detector, but something people have been banging on about for years was needed, the first to do it reaps the rewards, plenty of people don't want to allocate the Minelab pricing for a fun hobby, those not overly serious about prospecting who don't think they'd get value out of the significant investment in a GPX or GPZ.

The delay at present is slow supply of the carbon shafts I believe. Algo’s head honcho has gone to China to speed things up.

I have just checked on the Algo site and see the info/intro to it has changed a little in regards to the shaft system.

Before I begin, I do want this machine and maker to make a success of it all. Im getting one, eventually. But in a previous post on this site I mentioned how I felt it hadn't been sufficiently tested across the board. I now am convinced about that. Im just going to point out what I believe is the obvious.

The first screenshot is from the Algo E1500 manual on modes for gold sized and coil sizes.

Screenshot_20240318-0910002.png.b52ef8a50f994396d882c090abbd71b1.png

This screenshot is from the site now in regards to coil sizes.

Screenshot_20240318-0912232.png.daa31424012eb602ea38d6e2b88573c5.png

The largest coil they tested with was the 14x9 and "in theory" larger coils will work! 

They only tested with small coils and the largest was the 14x9. Then how do they know it excells with coils larger than that one in mineralised soils!? They highly recommend something they have never tried?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm guessing as it's a detector geared towards finding the smaller nuggets there is little point running a 17 or 20" round mono on it, much like the SDC with larger coils, a pointless exercise.  If you want big deep gold with big coils, it's not the right detector to use.  Even the 6000 is a small coil detector and bigger coils like a 17" round or 20" round are pointless, its biggest is the Minelab 17x13" so 13" wide, the NF was going to be a 16x10" so in theory the stock 11" could likely beat it for depth on some targets.   These sort of detectors are just not the choice for big deep gold with big coils, if the Algoforce E2500 comes out, maybe it will be the big deeper gold detector for larger coils.

They would recommend larger coils if you're chasing that as you'll have more hope than with smaller coils, I'd say 🙂

Unlike the GPX 6000 they can't limit the sizes you can throw on it, there are just so many GPX 5000 coils available.  If anything, the statement they added above should give you a clear indication this is a detector based upon finding smaller gold or shallower big gold and that's exactly what it is.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1