Biggest Haul Of Beach Coins

Congratulations on your good fortune and even more for your recognition of the opportunity and hard work.

• Like 1

Great play-by-play description.   I love beach-erosion-chasing.   So I've seen days like you describe.   My peak record in one day was :  466 coins, of which 46 were silver, and over 100 wheaties.   Also a 1914 $2.50 gold coin that day.   And this was a beach riddled with nuisance lead to have to wade through.    So I easily had 1000 targets.    Literally multiple beeps per sweep of the coil.   Often times multiple coins per each basket.   Doh !

Trouble is though, that these days are few and far between .  Mother nature doesn't cooperate that often  🙂

• Like 3

Wow!!! What a great day, lots of awesome finds. Just goes to prove mother nature loves metal detectorists. Congrats on your finds.

• Like 1

Great finds!  I've missed the location, GB?

• Like 1

Amazing! What I wouldn't give to have a day like yours! Congrats!

• Like 1

I have no idea what my records is for number of coins found  in a day / week as my main interest was gold nuggets. However the value of the coins is secondary as they are stored away only to be looked at or being left for the Grandkids. I got a copy of Aus. coin albums for the silver coins I found and spent some time trying to fill all the holes a feat that would take more than a life time.

The first link is showing the ones that were excess. The second is the link to an old post here that contains the albums.

Excess Silver Coins.

Old DetectorProspector post on silver coins

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks like a great hunt with some very nice finds, I bet you are tired from all that digging.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

• Like 2

Some amazing finds,alas i live right inland and it takes me a few hours each way to the coast,so although i do occasionally do beach detecting down on the south coast most of my detecting is inland around east anglia region......well done on a amazing haul.

• Thanks 1

I pretty much scrap everything. Copper coinage, silver and anything else not worth keeping. In England, I live right on the coast with dozens of places within an hour, but finding them in scoured conditions is harder. But, I  time if I keep an eye on them, it does come good.

I switch to the manti with the m8 coil as a preference now in the worst iron conditions. Iron is not the same as you may think, the places i like are industrial foreshores and beaches. Here the iron is littered of all sizes including pieces I cannot lift.

Keep digging!

• Like 3