Tarsacci Updates????

I’m thinking about getting another Tarsacci and I’m wondering has the Tarsacci had any updates what’s so ever?

I’m hoping maybe some improvement on the volume when in discrimination mode? How about a smaller coil are is that ever too be ?I think I should have said never to be on the coil.

Surely something has changed ? I haven’t checked the price just maybe it’s lower!

I’ve seen more activity in a funeral home than on the Tarsacci forum.

Lay it on me guys in what’s new on the Tarsacci.

Chuck 

I have neither seen nor heard of any Tarsacci updates. To be honest, I quit looking for them as they became scarce a few years after they were released. With that said, I decided to hunt a beach recently, and I will tell you, it is still the quietest (single or multi-frequency) detector I have ever used. Black sand does NOTHING to this thing! It is deep too! While I didn't find anything of significance. I found a handful of items that were at least a foot deep! Hunting in all metal gives me the best results, but I'm getting to an age where I just don't want to dig everything, so I switch to discrimination mode. I might lose some depth, but the hunt is more enjoyable...good luck on your search!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

CalReg

Thanks for your reply. Looking over what comes with the Tarsacci and I hope I miss read that it only comes with one battery now. I know on my other Tarsacci I did get two batteries and you’re still having to pay shipping. Some of the cheapest detectors I’ve bought they came with free shipping.

I think a lot more Tarsacci would be sold if nothing else change the shade of red on the control buttons.

What can I say other than I wasn’t happy with myself when I sold my first one.

In my opinion the stock coil is better than the bigger one but that’s just me. 
Chuck 

The last time I was texting the man I was asking about a smaller coil. I want you to know that he done a two step around that subject like I didn’t even ask that question. Oh well my wife does the same thing so I felt right at home with no reply.

Chuck 

I was going to spring for the larger coil, but life sidetracked me and I shelved the idea. Haven't heard of many people going ga-ga over the larger coil, so I don't think I missed much...yeah, I got two batteries with my MD.

The larger coil makes a noticeable improvement in the overall performance of the unit.  Hard to describe but the machine seems bolder.

• Like 1

CalReg

On my last Tarsacci I had both coils and in my opinion I didn’t think the large coil was that great at all. If I do buy another Tarsacci I’ll get it with the stock coil.

I just told a Tarsacci dealer I wish he’d leave off the backpack that in my opinion will never be used . That would help the customer save some money on something he don’t have the need for.

I do have the need for a smaller coil but that ain’t happening.

Chuck 

JCR  

I myself didn’t find what you stated be the case for me . It could be I didn’t give myself more time in the field with it.

I do thank you for any input you can give me and any other potential buyer on here .

If nothing else guys we have put some life back in the Tarsacci forum 

Chuck 

• Like 3

On 2/25/2024 at 8:55 PM, CalReg said:

I have neither seen nor heard of any Tarsacci updates. To be honest, I quit looking for them as they became scarce a few years after they were released. With that said, I decided to hunt a beach recently, and I will tell you, it is still the quietest (single or multi-frequency) detector I have ever used. Black sand does NOTHING to this thing! It is deep too! While I didn't find anything of significance. I found a handful of items that were at least a foot deep! Hunting in all metal gives me the best results, but I'm getting to an age where I just don't want to dig everything, so I switch to discrimination mode. I might lose some depth, but the hunt is more enjoyable...good luck on your search!

I recently had a guy that was involved with the detector since it was first released tell me the coil was most likely at fault on the unit that was loaned to me.  Mine was basically shut down anywhere close to power lines.  This left the detector unusable at the sites I had high hopes for.  Had to return the detector to the owner. 

That makes sense to me. My Tarsacci can be effected by EMI but not as bad as some of my other units. It has always been huntable no matter where. Change frequency or drop Threshold/Sensitivity and it is still very effective.   Maybe you will get a chance to try one again.