Tarsacci Updates????

I half regret selling mine but the tones and the need to use the notch to eliminate high end falsing on my location killed it for me. Impressive detector though and I would be first in line to by an MDT-9000. Hopefully such a thing comes to pass because otherwise Tarsacci will end up just being a minor footnote in detecting history that most people never heard of. I'll give it until 2025 before I decide what to do with this forum. No finds being posted, no discussion of settings, etc. means no forum and if things don't pick up by next year I will roll it into the Compass, Tesoro, etc. forum.

• Like 1

Thanks for reminding me to put mine up on the classifieds.   It was the deepest detecting, non-PI detector in hot dirt I ever used.  But with the improved ergonomics of the Axiom PI and decent versatility and performance of the D2 in mineralized dirt and at the beach, the Tarsacci really no longer fills a niche for me.  Look for it soon.  🙂

• Like 1

Hello to all!

Bought another one ..........................used in UK 2 coils and Zink garrett headphones i paid 650GBP

Why ??????????????? because my first one went to a guy who run tons of tests and did a great write up for himself and share it with me...............on the mineralised sand nothing beat it but a PI.Depth on beaches are really good as i found out with the 1st one

Garett zlink sounds is crap i was using fake(i didnt know) Marshalls headphones  the sounds was crisp

MR

@Rivers ratThe Garrett headphones are about 30 ohms impedance and have too much Bass for me on the Tarsacci.  My 150 ohm Killer Bs sound very crisp and make a world of difference. I use them with the Garrett Z Lynk receiver unit.  Same setup on my Vista X.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JCR said:

@Rivers ratThe Garrett headphones are about 30 ohms impedance and have too much Bass for me on the Tarsacci.  My 150 ohm Killer Bs sound very crisp and make a world of difference. I use them with the Garrett Z Lynk receiver unit.  Same setup on my Vista X.

Gonna make some change then but as i m working around Europe at the moment my free time is limited........but i will ask the gentleman if i can publish his work ..................

RR

• Like 1

That would be interesting to know.

I guess you could call this a update on the Tarsacci when you buy a new Tarsacci now you only get one recharge battery to go with it. I know when I bought mine it came with two but I didn’t see the price drop it’s the same as before.

In my opinion he could keep the backpack and cut the price of the Tarsacci. For myself I had no need for it and it was set aside until I put the Tarsacci up for sale.

Something was said about a Tarsacci 9000 but we’ll be lucky to see 8001 as fast as the updates are coming before it goes under like others before it .

That truly will be a sad day if it does.

Chuck 

Why don't you just call and ask him?

• Like 1

Mark  

If I had interest in buying one now I would do just that. My thinking was it would maybe lower the price and with that maybe it would be more interest. Talking with a dealer he couldn’t remember when he sold one.

Detector is like buying a car in I don’t want to be putting my money for the same thing I bought 5 years ago. That’s unless it’s dirt cheap and in great condition. The Tarsacci I had and sold is the only detector I kick my rear for selling it because it was in great condition.

I had conversed with the man about maybe making a smaller elliptical coil but after doing the two step with him I knew that was a no . That’s when I sold it being he’s the only detector company that don’t hear what a customer wants.

I believe it’s the only company that the customer has to pay shipping to get his detector. That’s the way it was on the first one I bought and talking with a dealer nothing has changed. Like I said in another post you don’t get that extra backup battery anymore.

Chuck 

• Like 2

Yes da man is a bit of a character.............................i only bought mine as it was a bargain...........and to fight my mate on his own ground hahhhaahaha

MR

• Like 1