Garrett Axiom Price Drop In Australia And New Zealand

32 minutes ago, RedDirtDan said:

I bought mine at $6,400 full package brand new - I don't know how many were sold at full price.

That's probably about what it should be, based upon the lite package.  I've not added up the extra's the full package comes with over the lite with the extra coil, battery doo-hickey and the headphones, but if they total $1400 AUD then you paid about what the full package should now be that the lite exists.

You got a really good deal, was it a special or just a dealer selling it cheaper than RRP? I've noticed one dealer on Facebook lately offering the full package really cheap before the lite came out, now I know why.

On 13th of February this dealer in OZ was selling the full package on a special for $6385, it was just to clear out his stock of the full package.

Facebook link to advertising video.

Just before the lite package came out, now I know why 🙂

On 3/1/2024 at 7:06 AM, phrunt said:

That's probably about what it should be, based upon the lite package.  I've not added up the extra's the full package comes with over the lite with the extra coil, battery doo-hickey and the headphones, but if they total $1400 AUD then you paid about what the full package should now be that the lite exists.

You got a really good deal, was it a special or just a dealer selling it cheaper than RRP? I've noticed one dealer on Facebook lately offering the full package really cheap before the lite came out, now I know why.

On 13th of February this dealer in OZ was selling the full package on a special for $6385, it was just to clear out his stock of the full package.

Facebook link to advertising video.

Just before the lite package came out, now I know why 🙂

There were two dealers offering around the same level - $6,500 and so I just got mine a bit cheaper. That was I think them speculating on how well they'd sell and honestly they were probably trying to clear stock / get some numbers out there.

• Like 2

I inquired about if this reduced price package would be offered in the US. I was told it might happen if it goes over well in Australia.  Hopefully it does.

Well, they're down to 23 in stock, when I first saw the sale they had 37, I suspect they started at 40, as that would make sense.  Either way, they've sold 14, When the price is right, stuff sells and it's good to see Axioms getting into the hands of more Aussies.

Sales have slowed down now, you would expect that, down to 21 detectors so only two sold in the past week after the flurry at the start, either way, they've sold quite a few detectors, likely 19 detectors as I started monitoring it a few days after the sale started and they had 37 then, likely started at 40.

A lot more Axioms roaming around Australia now, Garrett did the right thing bringing out the much cheaper Lite package, now the owners will show how good it is and their friends might get one, and start the ball rolling.  

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Garrett Axiom Price Drop In Australia And New Zealand

Excellent news for want to be Garrett owners in New Zealand, the Axiom Lite package has arrived on our shores and with a much more reasonable price.

Axiomlitenz.jpg.2a16902185fda032b9e0744c5e1ad018.jpg

It's not a direct currency exchange to the cheaper Australian price, but only $400 higher than the currency exchange price.

Really good news for people who wanted to give the Axiom a shot, as it's now priced in a suitable price range against the current available competitors products.

garrett-axiom-lite-vs-garrett-wireless-package.jpg

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Excellent news for want to be Garrett owners

Great, now Simon can compare the e1500 with the axiom. 😁👍

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

I think the new Lite package price has become a permanent sale, in other words the new price; it was meant to be just for Easter but now that wording has disappeared yet the sale is still going.   Good news if this is the case.

They're down to 13 in stock now from I think 40 to start with.   27 detectors sold from one dealer (Garrett Australia) so far during this price adjustment.  There are a number of other dealers running the sale too.   $135,000 Australian dollars in Garrett's pocket they probably wouldn't have without doing this price adjustment, it's just a shame they didn't enter the market at this price as uptake would have been much higher.

I'd call that pretty successful, a lot more Axioms roaming around Australia now than before.   Speaking to X-coils too, requests for Axiom coils have started to pick up with more owners of the detector in Australia, that's a very positive thing for the future of coils for it.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, phrunt said:

I think the new Lite package price has become a permanent sale, in other words the new price; it was meant to be just for Easter but now that wording has disappeared yet the sale is still going.   Good news if this is the case.

They're down to 13 in stock now from I think 40 to start with.   27 detectors sold from one dealer (Garrett Australia) so far during this price adjustment.  There are a number of other dealers running the sale too.   $135,000 Australian dollars in Garrett's pocket they probably wouldn't have without doing this price adjustment, it's just a shame they didn't enter the market at this price as uptake would have been much higher.

I'd call that pretty successful, a lot more Axioms roaming around Australia now than before.   Speaking to X-coils too, requests for Axiom coils have started to pick up with more owners of the detector in Australia, that's a very positive thing for the future of coils for it.

We might just get some of them after market coils after all if it keeps up LOL, I want something smaller and with out those dang blunt noses for my Axiom

• Like 1