Pulling Chip Out Of 6000 Coil

1 hour ago, Norvic said:

OK if I go with 2x0.25" Divinycel, form the coil (spiral/flat) and fix and position on one half of the divinycel, adhere the 2 divinycel half's together then paint the shield top and bottom giving that 0.25" gap from windings. Recommended litz wire and shield paint too please Chet?

I have sent you a PM.

• Thanks 1

Flat wound coils benefit from a vacuum compression after winding....keeps the wire in place (look at the 6000 coils from beneath after removing the coil cover). This is a lot more effort and will require a vacuum forming machine to get it perfect.  A minimum gap of 5mm from shield to wire is necessary. As Chet says, 100ohm per sq inch is a great ballpark figure, but can often be higher. Use graphite paint, not nickel spray....although it works, it can get bump sensitive.  Litz can be problematic due to the enamel coating...its a bast*rd to remove efficiently to enable soldering. I use a Litz type wire that is not enameled but needs loom compression to lower resistance due to its different insulation thickness. Couple extra minutes of work but reduces the endless swearing & start-overs from a failed enamel removal. If you want the wire specs and where to buy, PM me @Norvic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank You Au, Chet will be PMing you so as we can share info 3 way.

• Like 1

Done PM sent AU.

• Like 1