Just a video I found comparing the 2. 

I suspect his .01 g nugget was actually a 0.1 g. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lead Detector said:

Just a video I found comparing the 2. 

I suspect his .01 g nugget was actually a 0.1 g. 

I thought the same thing when I saw the video. Looks too big to be .01. But good video anyway.

• Like 1

Yes, there is no way in the world that is a 0.01, 0.1X somewhere would be more realistic, easy mistake, I do it all the time, it gets confusing 🙂

No surprises in that video for me.

• Like 1

He said it was 0.1 gram at the beginning of the testing. Honest mistake.

The only surprise for me was how both detectors were able to run maxed out sensitivity wise without going threshold bonkers crazy.

I was never able to run my SDC 2300 above sensitivity 3 without it going nuts from either EMI or the ground itself.

Same with the Axiom. So far I can run it at 4 max. Above that so far, the ground conditions where I have detected with it cause it to be very unstable.

Excellent testing and video.

Thanks for posting it Lead Detector!!!

• Like 3

I actually enjoy comparison videos. Some say they mean nothing, but I disagree.  If they are done under the same circumstances,  they mean something.  I think we all understand that if the same test was done in a different location, with different nuggets, and a different operator, the results could very well be completely opposite. If you watch Chris Ralph's video comparing the 2 detectors,  he has different results.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lead Detector said:

I actually enjoy comparison videos. Some say they mean nothing, but I disagree.  If they are done under the same circumstances,  they mean something.  I think we all understand that if the same test was done in a different location, with different nuggets, and a different operator, the results could very well be completely opposite. If you watch Chris Ralph's video comparing the 2 detectors,  he has different results.  

The Axiom received a software/firmware update after Chris Ralph’s video

14 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

The Axiom received a software/firmware update after Chris Ralph’s video

Actually, in this video he mentioned the update was done. He also kept forgetting a zero after the decimal on some nuggets.  I kept trying to correct him, but my microphone on my TV must be broken 😆

https://youtu.be/8sa0MsBL50o?si=9iI50Pnvh1fvUiXi

The Axiom seems really good, and now with the new lower price in Australia it's becoming increasingly a viable choice.

I quite like comparison videos although they rarely end up being similar results to the ones I get due to my milder soils.  They still give a bit of an understanding of how things are going.   Something I find meaningful is when they're just waving the littlest nuggets over the coil, the process you would do when you're recovering a target, it can be very telling then how well the detector is performing on small nuggets, you can see in some videos they're saying its hitting it well yet they have to really rub their scoop on the coil to get a response, so easy to throw the gold away in that scenario if it's not on the bottom of the soil pile, others they don't even need the scoop to come close to the coil on the same nugget to get a good response, that's what I like in a detector.

• Like 1

Instructive video, and the SDC is actually pretty respectable in comparison. Again, not a machine made for depth (not its design purpose) and also different/smaller coil. The MPF timings shine somewhere else.

GC

• Like 4