Minelab March Madness In Australia

Isn't this interesting, buy a GPX 6000 and Minelab will give you a free Coiltek coil. 😅

432444019_912925520837132_2997633594448513388_n.thumb.jpg.982b01d86961a8c62c17c2c12cc56c3b.jpg

I have a feeling the Equinox 600 is about to be discontinued.  Giving them away with a GPZ, on sale to clear stock in the US.  

They're giving away free M8 coils with the Manticore when people are still struggling to buy them the world over.  

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Oh my! 2

Methinks the sales figures for the last quarter must be looking pretty poor for Codan/Minelab. The massive price increase in the face of increased competition strategy apparently doesn't work......whoda thunk it?????

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

They worked out their 6000 coils fail too much so what better way than to have less warranty returns on them than give people a free Coiltek with their 6000 purchase. 😛

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, phrunt said:

They worked out their 6000 coils fail too much so what better way than to have less warranty returns on them than give people a free Coiltek with their 6000 purchase. 😛

yep people will just use the coil that works best...then the warranty will run out 🙂  nice way to treat your clients Minelab...I'm unlikely ever to use the 3 minelab coils I have for the 6k and was thinking that I should clean out the closet the other day..lol

strick 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, strick said:

yep people will just use the coil that works best...then the warranty will run out 🙂  nice way to treat your clients Minelab...I'm unlikely ever to use the 3 minelab coils I have for the 6k and was thinking that I should clean out the closet the other day..lol

It's actually an interesting development, You don't redeem the coil from Coiltek, you pay Minelab for your detector, you go to the Minelab website and redeem your coil and they arrange the coil to be shipped to you.  A partnership between Minelab and Coiltek.  

Could this be the future, maybe the debacle of the 6000 coils has inspired them to look more towards local production of coils again, and perhaps, seeing Coiltek makes great coils and has the equipment already they would make a perfect partner for the job.

I don't know the failure rate of GPX 6000 coils, but many people have had at least one fail, many have had two or three.  The thing that will have slowed down their failures is the fact many have moved onto the aftermarket brands and use the Minelab coils far less, if at all.

If on future detectors Coiltek handles production of the coils rather than Malaysia Coil Manufacturing Company Kuala Lumpur Limited, this would be a good thing.

No more coil ears problems, higher build quality, and good reliable coils.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

I don't know the failure rate of GPX 6000 coils, but many people have had at least one fail, many have had two or three. 

I sent my first 11 round back to them and they replaced it but said that they could not find anything wrong with it...then a few months later came the admission of the speaker interference which most likely was the whole problem after all...back to minelab the machine went...since that fix its a dream machine to run the only problem is I've not picked up the ZED since...

strick 

Well I'm an Australian citizen but don't live in Australia, I wonder how they could police that.

• Oh my! 1

I'm really hoping the sales on the 6000 and 7000 is early indication they are clearing stock for new flagship gold models and not just axing the EQ600 and backdoor fixing the 6000 coil issues.

And I hope we get surprised and it's not a GPZ8000 but something new entirely. H1 or something. Hybrid PI/Z, I know that's all buzzwordy, but I want to see something truly new after this long of a wait. 

• Like 6