Detech 11x6 Mono Gpx 5000

I just bought the detech 11x6 mono coil and I have two questions.  Can anyone confirm if this coil is a coiled wire and I can't find any video on YouTube about this coil?

It has to be bundle wound due to the size.  Spiral can't fit in there.

I have a new model 10x6" bundle mono X-coil on its way to me soon to use on my Agoforce, it's a good size to give a bit of ground coverage but still hold some good sensitivity, I liked the Coiltek 10x5" Joey mono on my 4500 for that reason.    11x6" should be similar and perform well for you.  A larger spiral coil will be more sensitive to smaller targets, and deeper though.

Thanks Simon.  One of the reasons I bought it was because I thought it was spiral wound.  I should have asked before

Just now, Luis said:

Thanks Simon.  One of the reasons I bought it was because I thought it was spiral wound.  I should have asked before

Sorry, 100% sure it is not spiral wound.

5 minutes ago, Luis said:

It looks like it says it's spiral-wound but I don't know if it's a copy and paste.  I have asked them just in case 🤞

yep, same copy and paste mistake they did on this 11" coil.

I can assure you that spiral windings won't fit in that coil size.

I have contacted the seller since the shipment has not yet been made, to see if he can change the order for the 11 ultra sensitive coil since that is spirally wound.

6 hours ago, Luis said:

I have contacted the seller since the shipment has not yet been made, to see if he can change the order for the 11 ultra sensitive coil since that is spirally wound.

Probably a good move, it will be just as sensitive if not more so to smaller targets.

You think they would have corrected the copy & paste if it is not correct. They must know about it by now. Makes it false advertising & misleading people into getting something they are not, as in this case here. Not good enough. Or is it on purpose???

D4G 

I have to say that where the confusion is is on the official detech website.  Where I bought it, it was in a trace detector and it doesn't say anything about it being spiral wound.  and I have to thank him for changing it for the 11 what if it is spiral wound