X-coil, Which Coil Should I Choose For Wa?

The 22" is 1500 grams with skid plate, only a couple of hundred grams heavier than the stock 14x13" I believe, I can't remember the 14"x13" weight.  It's significantly lighter than the 19" Minelab coil.

The 22" although a big coil isn't designed for ground coverage, none of the Concentric coils are, they're for depth in known gold areas and you have to overlap your swing by 1/3, a little less if you're able to use normal. 

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

I can't remember the 14"x13" weight.

Just weighed my ML 14x13 & it is 1239 grams. That is just the coil with skid plate & curly cable.

D4G

On 4/5/2024 at 9:57 AM, Ethan in Adelaide said:

Hi team,

Just wonder what are your suggestions or personal perference if you go WA to prospect with what X coils? I have a GPZ and GPZ 6000. I am interested in the 22" tbh but afraid it can be too heavy? 

Thank you,
Ethan

Any of the spiral wound x-coils are excellent for patch hunting, and the Concentric for know patches to look for deeper missed ones.

The 17x12 spiral is great if you want a bit bigger but not to big, and I used the 17"cc x-coil as well in WA for good results.

17" sizes is about as big as I bother to go, but this year I'm giving the 15"cc x-coil a good work out in WA

I use a 17 inch round spiral for patch hunting in WA.

No heavier than the standard coil, but 40% more area in the coil, which equates to a lot more ground covered, and more sensitive than the standard.

Follow up on patches with the 17CC or 22CC ( I now solely use a 22CC ). Even the big 22CC is super sensitive, got an 0.14g crumb at 3 inches with it last week. 😁 

Last time in WA I was getting crumbs that would not even register on my scales that read to 0.01 grams, with the 17CC.

Rick

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2024 at 2:31 PM, araratgold said:

I use a 17 inch round spiral for patch hunting in WA.

No heavier than the standard coil, but 40% more area in the coil, which equates to a lot more ground covered, and more sensitive than the standard.

Follow up on patches with the 17CC or 22CC ( I now solely use a 22CC ). Even the big 22CC is super sensitive, got an 0.14g crumb at 3 inches with it last week. 😁 

Last time in WA I was getting crumbs that would not even register on my scales that read to 0.01 grams, with the 17CC.

Rick

Hi Rick,

If I d only buy 1 coil, as I have my dad use GPX 6000, then maybe 22 coil is good?

BTW how you feel 22cc weight? Too heavy and clumsy to use?

I did hear someone saying 22cc is not recommend as it misses many small nuggets.  what you think?

Many thanks,
Ethan