15x12 Commander Mono

Using the GPX 4000. I see someone has a 15x12 mono hardly used for 100 dollars. I have the DD version and a detech 11 ultra sensing mono. Would this coil be any more effective than either one of those on deeper larger nuggets? 

Unless you want the bit of extra ground coverage I don't see it as a necessary purchase.

I have both the 15x12 DD and Mono but never used either,much prefer the Coiltek 14x9 or Coiltek 18'' Mono Elite,just something about the Commander coils that i dont like.But $100 is pretty cheap though and the price is low because i think they are not a popular coil for some reason.

8 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Unless you want the bit of extra ground coverage I don't see it as a necessary purchase.

That’s what I figured. I know it’s a good deal but the ultra sensing 11 would probably punches down just as deep. 

3 minutes ago, RickUK said:

I have both the 15x12 DD and Mono but never used either,much prefer the Coiltek 14x9 or Coiltek 18'' Mono Elite,just something about the Commander coils that i dont like.But $100 is pretty cheap though and the price is low because i think they are not a popular coil for some reason.

The 15x12 DD commander is a popular coil around here at civil war camps in highly mineralized ground. There’s some mean ground around here. Most of those sites are littered in iron too and the discrimination is needed. The only thing I would use the mono version would be prospecting away from much iron. But I think the detech 11 mono ultra sensing I just got would probably be just as effective. 

15 minutes ago, Tyler said:

But I think the detech 11 mono ultra sensing I just got would probably be just as effective. 

Better, far more sensitive to smaller gold while being similar on all else.

I have a 15x12" Commander, probably never use it.

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

I have a 15x12" Commander, probably never use it.

So are you saying you bought one & have never used it? You might be surprised if you hook it up to your Algoforce.  I have found deep gold with my one & it wasn't too shabby on smaller shallow bits either.

D4G

If you want depth and discrimination, buy the detech 15 double spiral, I have not used a plate that discriminates as well as that one and it goes as deep as one of 18 and you don't have to open a hole as wide as one of 18 but it has a problem that it weighs as one 18 or older

1 hour ago, Luis said:

If you want depth and discrimination, buy the detech 15 double spiral, I have not used a plate that discriminates as well as that one and it goes as deep as one of 18 and you don't have to open a hole as wide as one of 18 but it has a problem that it weighs as one 18 or older

Yeah I’m very tempted to get one. I would use it for relic hunting and prospecting. I’m hoping I can find a used one after this DIV hunt in Virginia is over. 

A 15x12" mono would go deeper than the DD version, and the 11" Ultra on the following two provisos:

1. If you can use Normal or Sensitive Extra, as opposed to Sensitive Smooth

2. If the target is a good size