Deus 2 Version 2.00 May Have A Bug - Affects At Least Relic Program

Just seen this video on TNSharpshooters youtube channel

That is a good catch TSS found.  Something that slipped by XP that needs to be looked at. These newer feature packed detectors can sometimes be a scavenger hunt to figure out.

I don't speak Tennesseean and have a hard time understanding his videos, and it gets even harder when he's going through the settings with glare on his screen or the camera cutting off part of it.  I do use the Relic program pretty regularly though.  Could somebody give a short written explanation of this bug so I will at least know if it is something that I should be concerned about enough to try to decypher the video?  Thanks.

I’m originally from Georgia and I have trouble understanding the video maker too. Same thing happens when some people make my name…Jeff….have 4 or more syllables. When I visit some of my relatives I don’t realize they are talking to me sometimes.

Anyway, moral of the story using V2.0 software is, don’t run the Relic Program with disc IAR on 5, then switch to Sensitive FT and change silencer to 1 and then switch back to the same Relic program. The bug may also involve using Goldfield and other programs alternately with a similar configuration. 

I have never used disc IAR set on 5 in real life using the Relic or Goldfield programs. A setting of 1 is plenty for me.

Hope that helps.

I know this link is not about metal detecting but listening to some of my relatives and not knowing what the hell they just said reminds me of this:

Is a target getting pulled down into the iron range a “bug?” Hard to tell, but it sounds like it’s hitting the target. Top-secret interacting filter algorithms that don’t necessarily have a linear relationship. Meaning, changing one may have bigger or less than expected results. Thow in different frequency arrangements.

I’m pretty new at this, but if I was trying to pull something out of iron, I’d have a higher reactivity and audio response and low discrimination and be happy to get a distinct blip in there.

8 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I’m originally from Georgia and I have trouble understanding the video maker too. Same thing happens when some people make my name…Jeff….have 4 or more syllables. When I visit some of my relatives I don’t realize they are talking to me sometimes.

Anyway, moral of the story using V2.0 software is, don’t run the Relic Program with disc IAR on 5, then switch to Sensitive FT and change silencer to 1 and then switch back to the same Relic program. The bug may also involve using Goldfield and other programs alternately with a similar configuration. 

I have never used disc IAR set on 5 in real life using the Relic or Goldfield programs. A setting of 1 is plenty for me.

Hope that helps.

I know this link is not about metal detecting but listening to some of my relatives and not knowing what the hell they just said reminds me of this:

Hah!  Fun and informative both, Jeff.  Much thanks. 

I Do use Relic with AIR 5 and frequently switch over to SFT, so I may have to keep an eye on this.   I haven't updated to 2.0 yet, but I guess we don't know for sure if this started there, or if it existed already in 1.1

According to TNSS it already existed in previous software versions. 

I’m crossed between a Mississippian plus a Texan and I didn’t have any trouble understanding him. I just didn’t know what the Sam Hill he was talking about.

Try listening to what he’s saying again and while doing so pat yourself on the head at the same time your butt . While doing this don’t switch hands.

I can assure you this won’t help you understand him anymore but it will tell you what end is up and you won’t get turned around again.

Chuck 

PS I just downloaded it for my Extreme Hunter and I hope it’s not a problem for it .

1 hour ago, Jeff McClendon said:

According to TNSS it already existed in previous software versions. 

I'm not even sure what the actual bug is... what is supposed to be happening when you switch from Relic to SFT without resetting?

On 4/12/2024 at 8:34 PM, iron_buzz said:

I'm not even sure what the actual bug is... what is supposed to be happening when you switch from Relic to SFT without resetting?

What TNSS is saying is that if you have Relic set up to give you a pure iron signal in the nail/nickel/swing configuration shown (as expected when you swing down the barrell of the nail) and then you transition to any other program (other than Gold Field) and then return to relic, you will get intermittent non-ferrous audio and TIDs (that don't correspond to the nickel TID, they look to be in the high 80's when I was able to catch a glimpse of the screen).  Indicating that perhaps IAR has been altered which may be causing iron falsing or some other unknown bug/issue.

Anyway, despite several attempts with the same setup, I have not been able to replicate TNSS's "bug" at all.  Not even close.  I can make blips occur with certain coil edge manipulations (even without transitioning out of Relic) but with a normal swing down the barrel of the nail, solid iron tone and ID no matter how many transitions out of relic or other non-relic program adjustments I do. 

Maybe he has a coil issue or a buggy install.  Though Jeff's statement that TNSS has seen this on previous versions, indicates it may not be unique to ver 2.00, pointing again to perhaps a TNSS unique hardware or configuration issue.

I don't have the "issue" and really am not losing sleep over it, regardless based on my tests and hundreds of successful hours on v 2.0 Relic Program (yes, it's my "Go To" program).  And I do a lot of target interrogation which has me frequently transition out of relic.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has been able to replicate it (other than the one or two folks who commented on his channel who said they saw it too).  I'm actually kind of surprised by people just taking these findings (mine included) at face value as gospel rather than proving to themselves whether they are present for their specific setups based on how simple the test is to set up and run.  Especially since they may manifest differently for different combinations of equipment and targets.

Without additional replication by other D2 experienced folks, I'm attributing this something unique with TNSS's gear.

Whatever the case, TNSS has done the right thing and has passed this on to XP to sort out and address, if necessary.  XP has not acknowledged an issue but they are looking into it at TNSS's request.