Metal Detector Stuff F.s.

Sorry Tyler, I think you meant the lower rod to mount the coil. Here is a pic of the White's rod I was using.

TC-AZ

20240415_214228.jpg

To answer your first question, what do you mean by fragile? Don't understand? To answer your 2nd question, I don't remember seeing anywhere or any ads with this coil having being offered for sale... Most likely never came with one.

Covers or skid plates have no affect on sensitivity  or depth in detection of targets. All they do is to provide protection of the detectors coil. Are you still interested in buying my coil??

TC-AZ

On 4/16/2024 at 7:01 PM, Tyler said:

How fragile do you think it is without a coil cover? Did someone take it off to make it more sensitive or deeper?

Hi Tyler, I have made covers for coils, go to a heating place or duck worker that puts in heat ducks, and they have pipe covers that are from 4" to 14" white plactic end cover for heat ducks. They work very well for coil covers, just then plactic. If a little to big, put a heat gun to it and it will srink.  Good Luck  Dean

On 4/16/2024 at 8:01 PM, TC-AZ said:

To answer your first question, what do you mean by fragile? Don't understand? To answer your 2nd question, I don't remember seeing anywhere or any ads with this coil having being offered for sale... Most likely never came with one.

Covers or skid plates have no affect on sensitivity  or depth in detection of targets. All they do is to provide protection of the detectors coil. Are you still interested in buying my coil??

TC-AZ

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I’ve never really had a coil without a skid plate. Except maybe the older whites machines. I was just curious I wasn’t sure if people took them off for a reason or if some of the older coils never had one. But I’ll let you know about the cool ASAP. My dad still swings the old whites for relics. I haven’t asked him about it. They still do well if you if you know how to run and listen to the machine. 

31 minutes ago, Dean Stone said:

Hi Tyler, I have made covers for coils, go to a heating place or duck worker that puts in heat ducks, and they have pipe covers that are from 4" to 14" white plactic end cover for heat ducks. They work very well for coil covers, just then plactic. If a little to big, put a heat gun to it and it will srink.  Good Luck  Dean

That’s a good idea. I figured I could do something like that. I have a heat gun for bending plastic electrical conduit. I’m sure I could get one to fit pretty well. Thanks