Rutus Emi Preview Screen Fun

I had the idea to use the EMI Preview screen on the Versa to look at the Legend's new BE & Gold Field Modes. Nothing conclusive but interesting none the less. The consistent 25 kHz spike is evidently constant outside EMI. I need to redo this in an EMI free place.

I wish every detector had an EMI preview screen like that, the Algoforce has a pretty cool EMI shift screen, but the Rutus tops it by giving frequency information like that.  Pretty cool idea you had.

Nothing like having a spectrum analyzer to play with on your metal detector. I am curious JCR, when you turn the Legend off does that 25.6 khz spike still remain detectable? For some reason that one stayed up regardless of mode, looked like even still there when you went to 40khz on the Legend. Think that is the receive channel?

The spike at 25 kHz did remain. It was evidently a constant outside source of EMI.  I should have done some pre video testing, but just did it on the spur of the moment. A more EMI free spot would have been better. Thanks for watching.

I don’t own a MInelab unit.

I will also do a test... but minelab FBS works at two frequencies... 3.4khz and 24khz...

At some point I intend to set my test back up in better planned EMI free conditions. The Legend seems to also have two main TX frequencies no matter the mode(except BE) or even SMF selection. The secret sauce is evidently in the signal processing.